Post-Game Talk: #41 | Canadiens at Flyers | January 10, 2024 | Flyers win 3-2 (SO 1-0)

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
Deslauriers-Risto-Staal 4th line. Inject it into my veins.

tenor.gif

trostol

Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
No one really stunk tonight, couple plugs out of lineup and 55 actually played ok. Many here comment on tanking for draft position...my question is where does it stop? I mean if you think this years and next years draft are big parts of puzzle, definitely some key members of current team will be non factors, on the way down. Especially Couterier..he is going to start regressing soon, partly age, but what really concerns me is his health. Konecny, Sanheim, york, drysdale, frost will, or at least should be in good spots in 4 or 5 years. (mid to late 20's to early 30's) I dunno...just comes a time to stop worrying about draft and move on with other factors to get where you want to go. Not moving from drafting top 8 to Stanley cup in a year or 2.
dont think anyone on here ever actually advocated for tanking

and they still do not have the skill level on the team or in the pipeline to be in the conversation for Stanely cup

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Go off, King.

Fireworks in John Tortorella press conference tonight. Unprompted, Tortorella goes at @AntSanPhilly & @SnowTheGoalie.

JT: "Is the guy here that caused Kevin Hayes a problem?"

ASF: "Yes"

JT: "Are you kidding me? You think Kevin Hayes is going to do something like that? That’s (b.s.)."

“It just pisses me off that you guys throw that (stuff) around and affect someone’s life. Kevin Hayes and I had a problem and we couldn’t come to an agreement how to play.

“That’s a good man. That’s a good man. And what you said is going to stay with him. That’s what you guys don’t understand. You’re going to sit there and say you have the right sources. I call (b.s.).

“Is that the podcast? Is that the silly podcast you do?

ASF: "It is a podcast, yes."

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Maybe Torts isn’t all bad.

Can you imagine if people start writing mean things about Ant now? That sounds unfair and unbearable. Almost as unfair and unbearable as having to walk from a Phillies playoff game to a Flyers game.

He’s actually loving every minute of this because he’s an attention whore hack. Whatever gets his name out there.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Can you imagine if people start writing mean things about Ant now? That sounds unbearable.

He’s actually loving every minute of this because he’s an attention whore hack. Whatever gets his name out there.
Never forget that this man had to cover a couple Phillies games in one weekend and talk his wife through fixing a pipe or something like that while doing so.

Reactions: Magua

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
My early (!!!) impression of Drysdale’s skill-set is he’s closer to the style and version York was touted to be (well, by others…) than York. And I really like York still, but there’s more pop in Drysdale’s feet. It turns out passing is important in this sport and having a blue line comprised of skilled passers is okay and even good! I don’t want to throw ouing goodt names but I’ll just say it: Scott Niedermayer. /s

Trade Hart. Trade Laughton. Good night and good luck.

I'm just going to say this on behalf of all the old people for the young people who don't know: Niedermayer was very f***ing good.

This has nothing to do with Drysdale or anything else - just a statement. How good was he? He was so good that his goatee at Kamloops made me grow a goatee and keep it for three or four years. Just a quick note - when shaving off a three- or four-year goatee, be prepared - your face will look like a buttock for a while.

Magua

Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I'm just going to say this on behalf of all the old people for the young people who don't know: Niedermayer was very f***ing good.

This has nothing to do with Drysdale or anything else - just a statement. How good was he? He was so good that his goatee at Kamloops made me grow a goatee and keep it for three or four years. Just a quick note - when shaving off a three- or four-year goatee, be prepared - your face will look like a buttock for a while.

I want to be clear, I was talking about Drysdale’s floor.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Can you imagine if people start writing mean things about Ant now? That sounds unfair and unbearable. Almost as unfair and unbearable as having to walk from a Phillies playoff game to a Flyers game.

You can hear the giddiness in his voice.

Who you got? ASF there or Charlie when he got that sweet sweet “Hey Charlie” from AV?

Magua

Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Obviously silly to judge from a single game where the guy got to the team a day or two before the game, but he definitely added something to the blue line. That is a pretty good sign when you are raw but can bring something important to the team. Suddenly the Flyers d corps have a lot of good luck movers and skaters…
Sorry, Henry, there is no good luck to be moved with this franchise.

Reactions: Henry Miller

trostol

Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
I'm having the exact same issue. Not sure if you have firefox and/or ublock but those are the only things I'm wondering
chrome..but not loading..maybe i'll try on Brave

edit: no worky on Brave either

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
dont think anyone on here ever actually advocated for tanking

and they still do not have the skill level on the team or in the pipeline to be in the conversation for Stanely cup
If people were advocating tanking they would be cheering not jeering playing time for 44 Staal etc.

What I am advocating is every young player be given a chance to play this year and reevaluate after the season. I am jeering using the press to use to complain about Brink's checking. I am jeering Frost Brink z scratches. After the trade I get it Z will get scratches. But before the trade there is not one good reason Z should miss a game.

Cutter will not be the only young player to get traded to mold this team That is fine. It is not fine if a young player gets traded because Torts scratched him multiple times and wrecked the player's value.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad