Post-Game Talk: #41 | Canadiens at Flyers | January 10, 2024 | Flyers win 3-2 (SO 1-0)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Embiid

This show is now rated "PG"
May 27, 2010
Negadelphia
I f***ing hope not.

That man stole a living playing next to one of the best defenseman the NHL has ever seen.
He did although he was a decent asset that Holmgren should not have let walk for nothing that offseason. He pulled a Cuck in many respects. That wrister though by Carle was so weak....

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
Matt Carle 2.0

Honestly not a terrible comp. He might be the Matt Carle plus version. Not sure if I want him being the main piece in a Gauthier trade but we shall see what this kid can do. Loved his passing, loved his escapability in the dzone, and his skating is just wonderful

Reactions: Embiid

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
He did although he was a decent asset that Holmgren should not have let walk for nothing that offseason. He pulled a Cuck in many respects. That wrister though by Carle was so weak....
Another Kurt Overhart client. I think they thought they had a deal to come back before Holmgren started chasing ghosts that offseason.

Reactions: Embiid

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
A few notes:

1. Drysdale was fun to watch. He had his skates going, and you can see he knows how to pass the puck. That type of skill from the blueline has been missing. Get another like that somehow, whether it's through trade for it's through the draft this summer. But, they need more puck skills out of the backend.
2. Despite the PP goal (was a great shot by Frost) I had the setup of Frost on the left wall. There's only two options open for him, a shot and a down low pass. I hate that the only person on there off-wing is Travis Sanheim - no disrespect to him. But the other unit has Farabee on the left wall and Tippett on the right. I'd really like to see a unit of Drysdale, Frost, Brink, Couts, and TK. TK being the netfront who can move down below the line and make passes back to the center.
3. I wonder how long they are going to go 11F/7D. I don't think Zamula deserves to be scratched, but I'm pretty sure he's the one that will be. They have to trade both Seeler and Walker -- don't wait until the last minute Danny. I really believe they can get a real asset for walker, he's worth a 1st, but I don't know if he'll get one.
4. Frost looked pretty darned good. A few mishaps, but all in all - I thought he was one of their better players. Over the last 3 games he's really looked good, like he did for the last ~50 games of last season. I hope that the coach doesn't sit him when he inevitably goes 4 games without scoring.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
A few notes:

1. Drysdale was fun to watch. He had his skates going, and you can see he knows how to pass the puck. That type of skill from the blueline has been missing. Get another like that somehow, whether it's through trade for it's through the draft this summer. But, they need more puck skills out of the backend.
2. Despite the PP goal (was a great shot by Frost) I had the setup of Frost on the left wall. There's only two options open for him, a shot and a down low pass. I hate that the only person on there off-wing is Travis Sanheim - no disrespect to him. But the other unit has Farabee on the left wall and Tippett on the right. I'd really like to see a unit of Drysdale, Frost, Brink, Couts, and TK. TK being the netfront who can move down below the line and make passes back to the center.
3. I wonder how long they are going to go 11F/7D. I don't think Zamula deserves to be scratched, but I'm pretty sure he's the one that will be. They have to trade both Seeler and Walker -- don't wait until the last minute Danny. I really believe they can get a real asset for walker, he's worth a 1st, but I don't know if he'll get one.
4. Frost looked pretty darned good. A few mishaps, but all in all - I thought he was one of their better players. Over the last 3 games he's really looked good, like he did for the last ~50 games of last season. I hope that the coach doesn't sit him when he inevitably goes 4 games without scoring.
It's not the lack of scoring that gets Frost benched, it's going MIA where you have to check the stat sheet to see if he played. He needs to watch Patton every night, "attack, attack, attack some more."

It's hard to make trades until the week before the TDL, some team has be both desperate and accumulate enough cap room to help make it work. Tricky working out trades with teams up against the Cap. So have to showcase Seeler and Walker, but not overwork them, 11/7 makes sense until Cates returns, then rotate players in and out of the lineup until TDL.

Bonk is playing lights out in London, started about a month ago, before he went to WJC as youngest D-man on the Canadian team, and he's even hotter since he returned. With Drysdale, Bonk on the right side, and Sanheim, York, Andrae on the left side, can't see them bringing back Walker, expensive 30 year luxury. Risto makes more sense to keep, they're small, he's playing well defensively and can CYA for an offensive LHD. They have their quota of small, skilled players now (Barkey starting to look like a lock if he gets to 175 lbs next couple summers), they need some skilled big bois.

Reactions: Don Nachbaur 26

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
A few notes:

Zamula had a great game, I thought. If anyone should sit based on performance last night it's Walker. He had some struggles and looked very latter-day Brauny. The logjam is curable via trade. Any takers for Risto? Take it, gotta escape the contract. But then there's Seeler and Walker as well.

I suspect they would only move one, maybe two dmen, and I guess if that's the case they should be moving whoever brings max return

Reactions: Danko and VladDrag

BritainStix

Oct 20, 2016
Can someone please explain and rationalize why the flyers have decided to stop selling Labatt Blue at Flyers Games?

Also:

This is what genuinely pisses me off about Tippet. He can absolutely fly. But we see it once a game if we are lucky.

He seems to actually have chemistry with Frost. Maybe Frost can put him in more positions to let loose on the outside.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Zamula had a great game, I thought. If anyone should sit based on performance last night it's Walker. He had some struggles and looked very latter-day Brauny. The logjam is curable via trade. Any takers for Risto? Take it, gotta escape the contract. But then there's Seeler and Walker as well.

I suspect they would only move one, maybe two dmen, and I guess if that's the case they should be moving whoever brings max return

It's definitely time to cash in on Walker before he turns into a pumpkin.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Can someone please explain and rationalize why the flyers have decided to stop selling Labatt Blue at Flyers Games?

Also:

That's pretty impressive considering it was the end of OT and he had already played 20 minutes.
That was pure will and determination. Really deserved a goal.

Cournoyer12

Mar 17, 2022
Habs fan here. Just wanted to say you guys deserved to win in regulation last night! Totally outplayed my beloved Habs! On another note the master totally outcoached the pupil last night! My love and respect for Torts grows greater with every game and press conference. The way he defended Kevin Hayes last night was legendary! In the words of Kim Mitchell….. That’s a Man!!!

FanForLife

Oct 27, 2018
Winnipeg
dont think anyone on here ever actually advocated for tanking

and they still do not have the skill level on the team or in the pipeline to be in the conversation for Stanely cup
Fair enough on the tanking comment....but tons of posts bitching about wins that are just pushing down draft position, which is not exactly the same thing, but pretty close. As far as not having skill level, I agree...kind of my point/question...when will they make there move to go with what they have? 1 more draft? 2? 4????

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad