GDT: #4 | Flyers at Kraken | Thursday, October 7, 2024 | 10:00 PM Helltime | NBCSP, KONG | Sheri Memorial GDT

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
I'm in a weird place on the contract where I didn't agree with it, I've never liked it, and I also kind of don't care. Dude got dealt a rough hand. Good for him getting millions when it doesn't really make a difference to the fate of the team, what with all the other malfeasances they have wrought.
If this was truly a rebuild I would be all over it. Let him get rich and help the draft pick, but that isnt what they are doing

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
It’s crazy how small Fedotov plays in net. He really reminds me of a less controlled Boucher. He just doesn’t seem to take up much space which is outrageous for being 6’8”.
He reminds me of the walrus goalie in the Geico(?) commercial. Unfortunately he gets sleepy falling off of his game. He needs AHL or ECHL time to become to the NA game of hockey. It's obvious that he doesn't get what's going on out on the ice over here.

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
Fedotov was "money for nothing," that is, it's a two year deal, he showed he can play at a high level in the KHL. So at worst you're out the money, at best you have a solid trade chip. This is what rebuilding teams do, no?

I wouldn't read too much into this road trip, it's a brutal trip, not just the West Coast but why aren't Vancouver and Seattle back to back? No, they have to go Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton then back to the coast. Crazy. That kind of travel kills practice even with a day off between games.

Now they're home, they'll have a chance to work out kinks.
So we'll have a much better read on this team in a couple weeks.
Didn't you say if they won in Seattle it would have been a successful roadtrip? Just seems odd you are willing to read into the road trip if it could be spun in a positive way, but now that we know it was a bit of a disaster we shouldn't read too much into it?

At the very least, being the worse team (5v5) in all games so far should be a cause for concern. Panic? Not yet. But concern for sure.

• Wow
Reactions: bennysflyers16

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Concern? Meh. A little bothersome, not much else.
They're faster than they've been since ???
But right now they look disjointed 5x5.

Now I'll get concerned after the coming homestand b/c they should have time to practice and get on the same page. So if 6 or 7 games from now, if they're still being out played, that's a problem.

There's a few players off to slow starts, Farabee, Sanheim, and they miss Seeler (stabilizes the defense).

But mostly they just seem like they're not in sync right now.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
Concern? Meh. A little bothersome, not much else.
They're faster than they've been since ???
But right now they look disjointed 5x5.

Now I'll get concerned after the coming homestand b/c they should have time to practice and get on the same page. So if 6 or 7 games from now, if they're still being out played, that's a problem.

There's a few players off to slow starts, Farabee, Sanheim, and they miss Seeler (stabilizes the defense).

But mostly they just seem like they're not in sync right now.
The legend of Seeler continues. Has to be by far the most important defender the Flyer shave had in the last 25 years.

• Haha
Reactions: bennysflyers16

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The legend of Seeler continues. Has to be by far the most important defender the Flyer shave had in the last 25 years.
He's just a stabilizing influence for Drysdale.

They're going to give Drysdale a full shot to develop (not b/c of the trade) since he's the most physically talented D-man on the roster. And Seeler will hold his hand while they do so.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
team chemistry just doesn't happen in 4 games

I'll judge and criticize after 25 games 🧐

it's still early
Fedotov next game

Image result for chemistry explosion gif

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
He's just a stabilizing influence for Drysdale.

They're going to give Drysdale a full shot to develop (not b/c of the trade) since he's the most physically talented D-man on the roster. And Seeler will hold his hand while they do so.

How long is appropriate until Briere is faced with accountability for intentionally targetting Drysdale in a trade.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Not just that, but thinking the Flyers actually thought that far ahead. They don’t trade players when they have any semblance of value or get full value in trades. If they did, guys like Hathaway, Seeler, and Laughton wouldn’t be here today. Two of them were already resigned, and if Laughton continues to have a good season, you can be sure he’s next. They’ll hold onto them until they are empty husks just taking up cap space.
The Flyers operate in the ADHL.

orangecrush8

May 21, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
We really took for granted what we had in 2010. Timonen, Pronger, Coburn, Carle. Incredible top 4.

There’s no single incident that led to this. Poor drafting, talent development, luck. It just sucks when not that long ago, this team was designed to built from the net out.

• Wow

yzerman

Apr 23, 2017
Sweden
Why the hell did the flyers pay Fedotov that money?he looks like a bad copy of Mikko Koskinen and is technical not an NHL goalie.I could see it at the end of last season he looked out of place really mindboggling.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
Still wondering how and why he got two years of term and 3M per as a total unknown in terms of NA hockey. Just an unnecessary gamble.

I'm in a weird place on the contract where I didn't agree with it, I've never liked it, and I also kind of don't care. Dude got dealt a rough hand. Good for him getting millions when it doesn't really make a difference to the fate of the team, what with all the other malfeasances they have wrought.
Pure speculation on my part, but I'm guessing CSKA Moscow is seeing much more of that money than he is.

• Wow

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad