GDT: #4 | Flyers at Kraken | Thursday, October 7, 2024 | 10:00 PM Helltime | NBCSP, KONG | Sheri Memorial GDT

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Yeah, a similar quality established veteran backup would run league minimum.
Everyone is a genius ex post.

Ex ante they had no reason to think he'd be this bad.

And they have every reason to give him time to adjust, given he has a track record as a top KHL goalie (and the long history of top KHL goalies succeeding in the NHL).

Reactions: CutOnDime97

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
It’s crazy how small Fedotov plays in net. He really reminds me of a less controlled Boucher. He just doesn’t seem to take up much space which is outrageous for being 6’8”.

In his first game, maybe even the first shot, he let out a huge rebound and then was awkward as hell getting back up. Essentially was out of play during that process. That was a huge red flag and has really stuck with me

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
Everyone is a genius ex post.

Ex ante they had no reason to think he'd be this bad.

And they have every reason to give him time to adjust, given he has a track record as a top KHL goalie (and the long history of top KHL goalies succeeding in the NHL).
He was a stud in the Olympics. Definitely overpaid him though.

Should be in the AHL. Makes $3.25 mil so I'm sure he could get comfortable in Allentown

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
In his first game, maybe even the first shot, he let out a huge rebound and then was awkward as hell getting back up. Essentially was out of play during that process. That was a huge red flag and has really stuck with me
remember when Emery would slide out of his crease and basicly end up in the corner boards..

you just knew his hips were powder then...

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Fedotov was probably going to make good money in the KHL, given his performance there.
So NHL minimum would not have been enough to get him to come over.
@Appleyard would have a better idea what kind of deal he could get in the KHL.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
They took a shot with a 6’7 netminder who had won KHL goalie of the year, a KHL championship, & an Olympic silver.

I really can’t blame them for wanting to see what he could do in the NHL, especially considering the Carter Hart situation, even though in retrospect it looks like an overpaid contract.

Only 2 years & $3.275M. And they can shave $1.15M off that cap hit if he gets sent to the AHL. So really only $2.125M in cap this year & next if he can’t hack it.

Far from the end of the world.

He looks awful, though. Maybe he can adjust & regain confidence with AHL experience.

I’m hoping Kolosov can show enough for a call-up at this point.

It would be one thing if Fedotov was getting unlucky, but he simply looks bad, & they can’t afford to keep trotting him out there unless he turns it around fast.
then add in the goalie replacement money. So really no shaving of cap money

Reactions: bennysflyers16

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Fedotov was probably going to make good money in the KHL, given his performance there.
So NHL minimum would not have been enough to get him to come over.
@Appleyard would have a better idea what kind of deal he could get in the KHL.
Right now likely somewhere in the 500-800k range would be my guess in KHL. Ofc though that is without tax... so equivalent to a 1-1.5m NHL deal

1.75 mill apparently

That was with a stronger ruble tbh.

And he would not be one of the top 5 highest paid guys tbh... only a handful of goalies have ever made 100m rubles or more

Reactions: bennysflyers16

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Danny negotiated against himself and he dominated !

I'm in a weird place on the contract where I didn't agree with it, I've never liked it, and I also kind of don't care. Dude got dealt a rough hand. Good for him getting millions when it doesn't really make a difference to the fate of the team, what with all the other malfeasances they have wrought.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad