GDT: #4 | Flyers at Kraken | Thursday, October 7, 2024 | 10:00 PM Helltime | NBCSP, KONG | Sheri Memorial GDT

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
1246010.jpg

ybnvs

Mar 20, 2014
It blows my mind Andrae didn't get in one of those games. Such a strong camp/pre season..Zamula hasn't been good. Risto been bad and maybe could've used day off after missing so much time..EJ is awful but we knew that.
The Andre not playing is the worst part even though not surprising. Another game where EJ was awful and the team struggles so hard to move the puck out of their ends. Their continued love affair of old washed up vets is a huge detriment.

Three defensemen played 14.5 minutes or less.

Really not surprised coach doesn't trust Zamula, Risto, or Johnson. Two are replacement level and Johnson isn't even good enough for the NHL.

Play Andrae.

Reactions: bennysflyers16

orangecrush8

May 21, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
I don’t think anyone would argue that Fedotov didn’t sign an above market deal given his lack of NHL experience. Whether that be the Michkov effect, or simply what it cost to bring him over here.

But they had to see what they had in him. If you’re ever going to do it, it’s now, not when you’re contending.

He’s been putrid in his first two games, but I’m not going to throw stones about the process here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ghosts Beer

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
One has to wonder how that road trip looks with a more competent backup. He looked good for a long stretch in the Calgary game but when it unravels, it does so quickly. Wonder if it’s mental

Reactions: Flyer lurker

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I don’t think anyone would argue that Fedotov signed an above market deal given his lack of NHL experience. Whether that be the Michkov effect, or simply what it cost to bring him over here.

But they had to see what they had in him. If you’re ever going to do it, it’s now, not when you’re contending.

He’s been putrid in his first two games, but I’m not going to throw stones about the process here.
One reason Briere insisted Kolosov come over, so he could get a better read.
With Fedotov, he had no control, so he had to pay to get a good look.

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Fedotov was "money for nothing," that is, it's a two year deal, he showed he can play at a high level in the KHL. So at worst you're out the money, at best you have a solid trade chip. This is what rebuilding teams do, no?

I wouldn't read too much into this road trip, it's a brutal trip, not just the West Coast but why aren't Vancouver and Seattle back to back? No, they have to go Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton then back to the coast. Crazy. That kind of travel kills practice even with a day off between games.

Now they're home, they'll have a chance to work out kinks.
So we'll have a much better read on this team in a couple weeks.
Lol at believing a team is going to trade for Fedotov. The guy has 0 value
The Andre not playing is the worst part even though not surprising. Another game where EJ was awful and the team struggles so hard to move the puck out of their ends. Their continued love affair of old washed up vets is a huge detriment.

Using a few 60 min flights as an excuse while traveling to some of the nicest cities to visit in NHL is such a cop out. This team and head coach just are not good
Don't be silly. He's 9 games away from 1000. Absolutely 0% chance he's scratched any time soon.

One reason Briere insisted Kolosov come over, so he could get a better read.
With Fedotov, he had no control, so he had to pay to get a good look.
They could have gotten a better read on him at the end of last season, but they chose to play Cal Peterson instead.

The dude switched pads midway through both games.

It’s most certainly mental.
Lol, did he really?

orangecrush8

May 21, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
No we did not have to pay premium backup price.
Would you have just let him stay in the KHL?

I can’t fault them for trying. The money isn’t ideal, but I don’t think not seeing what they have was a good outcome either.

Don't be silly. He's 9 games away from 1000. Absolutely 0% chance he's scratched any time soon.

They could have gotten a better read on him at the end of last season, but they chose to play Cal Peterson instead.

Lol, did he really?

• Haha
Reactions: Ironmanrulez

mr figgles

Mar 24, 2012

Not just that, but thinking the Flyers actually thought that far ahead. They don’t trade players when they have any semblance of value or get full value in trades. If they did, guys like Hathaway, Seeler, and Laughton wouldn’t be here today. Two of them were already resigned, and if Laughton continues to have a good season, you can be sure he’s next. They’ll hold onto them until they are empty husks just taking up cap space.

• Haha

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Would you have just let him stay in the KHL?

I can’t fault them for trying. The money isn’t ideal, but I don’t think not seeing what they have was a good outcome either.

If our only option was 2 years and over 6 million, yes it should of been a consideration,

We are paying 8 million to goalies who won't be playing for us, its terrible management. Watching this guy it is very clear he isn't good. Just cause he had ok numbers a few years ago, you better be damn sure while committing multi years and top dollars to him.

There are a bunch of guys just as good or better for 1/3 the price.

Kolosov has to be feeling pretty good about his shot at playing in the big league this year with how bad Fedotov is. How'd this guy put up numbers in the KHL?
Has he played for the Phantoms yet, if so has he been any good ?

Embiid

This show is now rated "PG"
May 27, 2010
Negadelphia
I'm still debating whether Fedotov is worse than Mark Laforest... I'll give it a couple more games but it's trending that way.
I attended Tim Kerr camp in Bristol (Grundy Gardens) with that dolt......

Tim was my favorite player....wore his number in HS...but then had to give it up senior year and wore 11 instead. My performance took a step down with my number unfortunately...

Anyway, that camp was great apart from dolt LaForest. Propp came for a couple of sessions and mostly smiled and ran drills with his quaf hairdo. Instead, Timmy worked with me on my shot. I had a wicked wrister bc of him. LaForest taught skating but I learned zilch from him..lol. Shawn Cronin was part of camp too and a nice guy. Improved my slapshot with him.

Bottom line...LaForest was useless in camp as he was in net...

Reactions: EdmFlyersfan

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
If our only option was 2 years and over 6 million, yes it should of been a consideration,

We are paying 8 million to goalies who won't be playing for us, its terrible management. Watching this guy it is very clear he isn't good. Just cause he had ok numbers a few years ago, you better be damn sure while committing multi years and top dollars to him.

There are a bunch of guys just as good or better for 1/3 the price.

Has he played for the Phantoms yet, if so has he been any good ?
Peterson was a salary dump to get a 1st rd pick.
Johansen was a salary dump to get a 1st rd pick.
Using the cap to obtain assets (or better assets).

Fedotov was a gamble on a backup goalie, you want Pederson as your backup?
If they signed a NHL veteran, the cost would have been similar.

These are exactly the moves you make when rebuilding, using short-term cap room to add assets.
Some moves don't work out, that's life.

Maybe Fedotov gets his shit together, maybe he "lost" it after he was exiled.
Only one way to find out, keep playing him.
If he's a lost cause, take a look at Kolosov.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
Peterson was a salary dump to get a 1st rd pick.
Johansen was a salary dump to get a 1st rd pick.
Using the cap to obtain assets (or better assets).

Fedotov was a gamble on a backup goalie, you want Pederson as your backup?
If they signed a NHL veteran, the cost would have been similar.

These are exactly the moves you make when rebuilding, using short-term cap room to add assets.
Some moves don't work out, that's life.

Maybe Fedotov gets his shit together, maybe he "lost" it after he was exiled.
Only one way to find out, keep playing him.
If he's a lost cause, take a look at Kolosov.
Not 100% true at all.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
They took a shot with a 6’7 netminder who had won KHL goalie of the year, a KHL championship, & an Olympic silver.

I really can’t blame them for wanting to see what he could do in the NHL, especially considering the Carter Hart situation, even though in retrospect it looks like an overpaid contract.

Only 2 years & $3.275M. And they can shave $1.15M off that cap hit if he gets sent to the AHL. So really only $2.125M in cap this year & next if he can’t hack it.

Far from the end of the world.

He looks awful, though. Maybe he can adjust & regain confidence with AHL experience.

I’m hoping Kolosov can show enough for a call-up at this point.

It would be one thing if Fedotov was getting unlucky, but he simply looks bad, & they can’t afford to keep trotting him out there unless he turns it around fast.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad