Post-Game Talk: #4: FLYERS at Flames, Tuesday, Oct. 15, 2019, 9:00 pm ET

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
alright bottom line is do you want av gone? how many more coaches have to get fired because this core cant get it done?

there's no more excuses, if they cant get it done, changes have to be made. there's no more switching out coaches.
[He changes should have been made along time ago. Carter and Richards were awesome and played the two way game fast and hard not slow and boring. We got way worse even though points would say not.

Reactions: tucson83

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
What will Man of the Hour Scott do when nobody shows up for the games and the Big Board goes blank?

bigboard2.jpg

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
[He changes should have been made along time ago. Carter and Richards were awesome and played the two way game fast and hard not slow and boring. We got way worse even though points would say not.

and im going to admit this, i wanted them gone but after a few years i was wrong.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
and im going to admit this, i wanted them gone but after a few years i was wrong.
Only due to the parting bullshit. We got 4 good players but none have the impact those guys have. Schenn's there now but the rest arent what you pay to watch and its catching us now.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
Worst performance by far. These coaches need to stop mixing all the lines up and stick with what has worked.

i like the mixing up. Players need to wake tf up. We haven't seen changes in lines during games since laviolette. Hak wouldn't do a damn thing. Only one line has been really working so far this season and that is the couts line. I hope he splits them up and gets lindblom with hayes. We need to get G, voracek, and ghost going.

The hayes line hasn't been that bad but it hasn't been great either. Get him back with couts. Lindblom will play his game with anyone, he is great at that. The good thing is that we have been in every game this season even if we played bad. Just need to fix the slow starts which has been an issue for years now. I don't know why we don't have the killer instinct from the first period.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
They're generating 2.5 scoring chances per minute, that's pretty damn good.

rather would have g and voracek on their normal sides so we have more shooting options. The way it's set up right now the only shot options we have from the points are ghost and that's from a pass from voracek (which is harder to do since he is a lefty). It's way easier to defend especially since voracek and giroux don't have amazing wrist shots. I would love to see ghost in voracek's position ripping one timer's. Don't like voracek at the point either in case of short handed chances so I would probably put sanheim or provorov on the top pp too until voracek can get going.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
Looking forward to seeing hart, couts, and provorov try and stop mcdavid. Huge test for the young studs!

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
Looking forward to seeing hart, couts, and provorov try and stop mcdavid. Huge test for the young studs!

Provorov makes one mistake tonight the pitchforks come out... Quality of competition be damned. Mistakes are commited in a vacuum so all mistakes must be called out equally.

Reactions: flyersNducks

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
Flyers always start slow. This is the defining trait of the Giroux era.
After 7 years and 3 other coaches AV is not gonna change that.
This is still our best start in 7 years. Best team in 7 years.
Im confident we'll make a run at the division.
Just have to not be totally buried by Dec and then we'll make our run.

Watching the replay, the Provorov usage is concerning.
Im as big a fan of him as you'll find but there shouldnt be any reason he gets 4 on 3 PP time.
Whats the point of carrying Ghost/Sanheim then?

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell

Im as big a fan of him as you'll find but there shouldnt be any reason he gets 4 on 3 PP time.

It's not the players it's the coach is what I am told every time I say the slow start is the players fault.

Ghost was in AV's dog house last night after the turn over during the power play after trying to beat 3 people. But again a coach can't hold him accountable for that mistake I am hearing. I can't speak for why they didn't use Sanheim but they didn't there. I will say Provorov when outside the D zone seems to have some of his swagger back.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

As has been pointed out by @deadhead, it's also a defining trait of AV's teams.

Reactions: Striiker

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad