Post-Game Talk: 4-3 win

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Holy f***

1718385551548.png

Ovi...lay off the Ekky diet

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Feels like as soon as RR left the team started playing great lol.

I miss his posts, but yeah lol.

I hope he's enjoying this run without the message board. That goes for all those Panther fans that have been on this board over the years who don't post anymore.

Funny, I'm sure we used to get more posters when we were terrible. :laugh:

Last edited:

ShootIt

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2008
I miss his posts, but yeah lol.

I'm hope he's enjoying this run without the message board. That goes for all those Panther fans that have been on this board over the years who don't post anymore.

Funny, I'm sure we used to get more posters when we were terrible. :laugh:

Yea, felt around the Jagr years it peaked on here. Sure the non stop bickering over Barkov, Tallon, Guds, Ekblad, the expansion draft etc just turned some off.
That being said, this place is far better than twitter or even the FB pages.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Yea, felt around the Jagr years it peaked on here. Sure the non stop bickering over Barkov, Tallon, Guds, Ekblad, the expansion draft etc just turned some off.
That being said, this place is far better than twitter or even the FB pages.

Gotta admit that for a brief moment I thought that Dale had done such a marvelous job at f***ing up things with the cap (e.g. Yandle, Bob) and trades (expansion draft, Trocheck deal) that getting the Panthers lineup into a contender shape would've been an impossible task and we'd end up watching the next wave of teams (Sabres, Sens, Devils) going right past the Panthers with their stockpile top3 draft prospects.

Let's be real here... the Panthers have exactly three (Barkov, Ekky and Lundell) of their own draftees in their lineup and therefore that whole mantra spewed by Dale of building a championship team through drafting was a complete disaster.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
I dont subscribe to the Oilers were better than us last game.

Maybe 1st period extended to the 2nd. Maybe

The 3rd? I call score effect

Score effect led to momentum.

Oilers were dead as shit until Mikkola's godzilla arms decided to gift a goal.

IMO, we won the 1st and 2nd periods. The Oilers got a fluke goal (the puck was going a foot wide of the net and hit Mikkola's rump) and then a nice tip that was just a little lucky on a relatively unthreatening shot from the point.

People saying the Oilers outplayed the Panthers in this game are kind of insanely delusional, IMO.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreChamps
Jul 13, 2013
Gotta admit that for a brief moment I thought that Dale had done such a marvelous job at f***ing up things with the cap (e.g. Yandle, Bob) and trades (expansion draft, Trocheck deal) that getting the Panthers lineup into a contender shape would've been an impossible task and we'd end up watching the next wave of teams (Sabres, Sens, Devils) going right past the Panthers with their stockpile top3 draft prospects.

Let's be real here... the Panthers have exactly three (Barkov, Ekky and Lundell) of their own draftees in their lineup and therefore that whole mantra spewed by Dale of building a championship team through drafting was a complete disaster.
Yandle contract wasn't Dale. Tro trade was Dale, got Luostarinen. Also I like Colby but

LMAO swing and a miss

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
IMO, we won the 1st and 2nd periods. The Oilers got a fluke goal (the puck was going a foot wide of the net and hit Mikkola's rump) and then a nice tip that was just a little lucky on a relatively unthreatening shot from the point.

People saying the Oilers outplayed the Panthers in this game are kind of insanely delusional, IMO.
people look at shots a lot to dictate eye test

If I told you Oilers only had 6 shots would you believe it? Doesnt it feel like they had way more with all that pressure and the 2 goals? But yeah 6 shots. I am surprised too.

They also had 16 shots in the 2nd.

Not that I trust our power play to generate more, but power plays were also 3 to 1 Edmonton.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA

STOP DISRESPECTING KULIKOV

Edit

I f***ed up

Sexton drafted him lmao

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
That's right. However, Luostarinen was at best a mid-tier prospect at that time so he the haul he got for Troch was a bunch of maybes coupled with a rental (Haula).

In hindsight, I think the Trocheck for Luostarinen trade was great for the franchise. Trocheck is an excellent hockey player, but he is a cancer. Vinny Trocheck only has room in his life for one thing, and that's Vinny Trocheck.

Dale shot the right hostage. You could argue that Dale should have shot two hostages, but if he had done that, we wouldn't have Matthew Tkachuk.

Also, just FYI, the Oilers fans seem resigned to fate. It is now safe to post on the mains again. I think the rabidly pro-Oilers mods have gone back to ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad