GDT: 4/27/23 - 7:00PM EDT - #3 Tampa Bay @ #2 Toronto [ECQF GAME 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Smith

Jun 24, 2021
We're really at a point where we're begging Vasi to just play at a level of an average starting goalie.
Extremely surreal isn't? Cringing with every shot fired his way as the confidence and assurance that once was, seems to be all gone. GO BOLTZ!!!!! BLOW LEAFS BLOW

Reactions: DistantThunderRep

OffBy1

Aug 5, 2021
aarrrrggggggggggggg
I'd worry more about us forcing Toronto to play some in their end for the whole game than who's reffing or past statistics. Last game, we stopped attacking in the third and Toronto showed what they can do when given the chance to get out of their zone quickly.

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
Vasilevskiy has cost the Lightning the series.

He has been as bad as Marc-Andre Fleury in 2012, and that was the worst I have ever seen a goaltender play in a playoff series.

If someone had told you before the series that Ilya Samsonov would have a 3.72 GAA and 0.876 SV% after 4 games, then you probably would have assumed that Tampa Bay swept Toronto 4 games to 0.

It shows how bad Vasilevskiy has been that the opposing goaltender Samsonov can post such horrible numbers over 4 games, yet still have his team ahead 3 games to 1.

Tim Smith

Jun 24, 2021
Well here we are. Will we be witnesses to another epic fail? One game at a time.

Go Bolts!!!!
Time for the Boltz to get some breaks tonight, tips/redirected shots to go in and perhaps an opposing player or two has to leave due to a hangnail. 60 full minutes boys, nothing less, and don't go premature on us. GO BOLTZ, blow these LEAFS off the ice!!!!!!!!!!

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Hi everyone!!!
I think we're gonna lose tonight, like 5/6-2 or something like that. Vasy has given us no reason to believe in a miracle, in this season.
But, as many of you said, a long off season can be something positive for this team.
I bet that, with a couple of good moves by JBB, next year we'll have a big chance to win the Cup again.
Go Bolts!!!
What moves? There's nothing left in the cupboard. The well is empty. Look at the Jeannot disaster. Paul is worthless too. The team is in some trouble methinks. Playoff contender? Maybe. Cup? Hell no. Not a chance.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013

Buwhahaha...when you try so God to say he us playing well...you know he sucks right now. Best...blah blah...we believe...blah blah. Lip service. It looks worse trying overcompensate. Vasy blows chunks right now and has for a long time.

The way they all repeatedly pump his tires despite his performance he must be rather fragile mentally right now huh.
Yeah...it sounds like vasy must be unglued.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
If there's any group that could pull this off, it's this one. Arguably the best series this team has played since our cup run/s (could argue Panthers sweep I guess), and with even league average goaltending we're up 3-1 easily.

No matter what happens, you can't say the window is closing based on their play through 4 games. Despite being down, there is no debate as to who has been the better team so far.

Give em hell and for goodness sake, dont be the first team eliminated from playoffs. After seeing how every other series is playing out, the winner of this one could very well be the cup champ.

Lfg

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
What moves? There's nothing left in the cupboard. The well is empty. Look at the Jeannot disaster. Paul is worthless too. The team is in some trouble methinks. Playoff contender? Maybe. Cup? Hell no. Not a chance.
Buwhahaha...when you try so God to say he us playing well...you know he sucks right now. Best...blah blah...we believe...blah blah. Lip service. It looks worse trying overcompensate. Vasy blows chunks right now and has for a long time.

Yeah...it sounds like vasy must be unglued.
Love the positive vibes.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Vasilevskiy has cost the Lightning the series.

He has been as bad as Marc-Andre Fleury in 2012, and that was the worst I have ever seen a goaltender play in a playoff series.
And as we all know MAF was terrible the rest of his career and disappeared off the face of the earth after that. Pens should've shipped him off and rebuilt immediately. :sarcasm:

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009

Tremors, reverberating frequency of doom
How strongly the violent thoughts of vengeance echo
Setting in motion the strings of hate
Shudder. Shudder. Vibrate.

This is the soundtrack to our hostility,
To our malicious intent, to the pointless grudge forever held,
The callow dream, the dismal wish to harm.

Animate now the twisted sounds of our disdain, our rage
The notations to our contempt, to unforgiveness and loathing.

A sonic declaration of spite and resentment
Its resonance grinding to dust our souls
The twine of revenge tightly strung.

It's subharmonics the undoing of all
So enticing, the retaliation - chords of man
The all-deafening oscillation of the damned.

Let forth the hateful, the murderous
Let their malignant prayers resound
The reverbant odious request, the wish of death abound.

So enticing, the retaliation - chords of man
The all-deafening oscillation of the damned.

Last edited:

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
The way they all repeatedly pump his tires despite his performance he must be rather fragile mentally right now huh.

Part of being a goaltender is being unhinged upstairs. We can talk about how the mental side of the game matters so much for goalies, but at the same time it's very hard for any of us to actually try and tap into the brains of goaltenders. I love Dominik Hasek to death and I'm pretty sure that guy wouldn't be out of place in an asylum.

Reactions: LightningStrikes
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad