BRUINS GDT 4/19: Game 4 ECQF: BRUINS (2) @ Toronto (1) | NESN, NBCSN, CBC, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rumpy

Mar 13, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site
I don’t know why I was drawn to read thru this thread as I watched the first period tonight.

Wow you guys?!?

From what I saw it was a good first period of Hockey played by both teams.

You really think game 1 and 2 were any different than tonight ?!?

It took a bounce here and a PP there for the Bruins to get a lead.

Same thing happened in game 3 with the brutal first penalty call.

The Leafs are a good team! They are fast and move the puck well ...

I’ll check back in after the game. I hope the Bruins win 4-2 or 5-2 and all the people complaining will say “that’s how they need to play”

Problem is they didn’t play any different. Get the puck to the net Rask is gunna be better than Anderson.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2018-4-19_19-54-1.png

Gnome17

Mar 4, 2016
Sweden
Literally the only player im allright with this period is Rask, everyone else not so much.
How many give-aways do we have this period just from bad decisions and soft plays on the puck, 5?
It is so unlike this team..Just frustrating to watch.
Krejci continues to dissapoint..Mr inconsistent himself. How is it possible to be so soft in this game. Mistake upon mistake, its as if hes not there mentally.

Reactions: Hali33

EvilElf63

Mar 27, 2012
Catskills
I live in (semi) Rangers territory, so I've been working hard to defend the Rick Nash trade; and I want to be a big fan of his besides. But he needs to step up soon with a big play.

Reactions: Rubber Biscuit

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Way too much of this, very few clean zone exits.

They need to make adjustments on breakouts. Might be as simple as just having players move their feet.

Krug needs to make up his mind on these pinches as well. He's been caught in between keeping the puck in or getting back to play d, and somehow neither happens.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
Not at all unexpected that it won't be a easy game. Was happy to see the Bruins wrestle the play away at least a little in the last 5 mins. Figured it might be a whole first period of Leafs nitro energy.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a similar high energy start for the first 5 mins of the 2nd from the Leafs...but once that burns off the Bruins need to get busy living.

Why not knock the puck in deep for a while? Get some possession. Make the Leafs work. They wanna skate, make them expend energy digging...and make that D cover for a while...

You can go back to the normal attack plan after a stretch. The Leafs are too comfortable, right now.

Reactions: sooshii and sarge88
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad