Post-Game Talk: 4-1 win

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaos2k7

2024 Stanley Cup Champions! 🏆
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
It blows my mind that that lineup made it to the finals. Pure garbage.
Feast or famine of a lineup, they have 4 good forwards now without Kane who was already hurt, and they keep the worst Dman they have in the lineup in Nurse, just to pair him with either of the next two worse guys, lol.

Quality depth, lol, just play our game and get out of dodge up 2-0.

And another 60 hits please, keep the hammer down, they will wilt.

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
For those down on our play in game 1, highly suggest listening to PDOCast latest discussing the game.

They mention how the shot totals and Oilers 'domination' narrative is misleading. Even at the start of the game when we looked the worst. Most of the effort was spent to contain McDavid, 9 of 14 shots were with him on the ice. Focus is on keeping McD in check, let the others have their looks. The rest of the play when he's not on the ice we tilted it the other way.

McDavid is the best offensive player in a generation. He's gonna generate offense and plays half the game. Our focus needs to be in making sure he has to go through others and be even on those minutes. Just weather the storm, get him tired by the end of the game. The rest of the time we go to work. If our 4th line can do it sometimes too, even better.

Like @Gatorbait19 said, they're gonna come out flying to start when they have the freshest legs. So it's not going to look pretty to start any game. Keep it even, grind out the wins in the 3rd.

I don't think it was misleading at all. We've been actually dominated the first 2 periods like never before in a playoffs game in 2 years. Plain and simple.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Yes. Hearing we’ve called up McIlrath to counter him
f***.

Difference maker

Time to pull my weight.

I'm gonna start watching this today, all day

MV5BNGZhZWQzZDctMDQwMi00NDYxLTg3NWUtZTg4MjczZmQwMGQ5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODk4Nzg5NjE@._V1_.jpg

Two4Fighting

Oct 17, 2007
For those down on our play in game 1, highly suggest listening to PDOCast latest discussing the game.

They mention how the shot totals and Oilers 'domination' narrative is misleading. Even at the start of the game when we looked the worst. Most of the effort was spent to contain McDavid, 9 of 14 shots were with him on the ice. Focus is on keeping McD in check, let the others have their looks. The rest of the play when he's not on the ice we tilted it the other way.

McDavid is the best offensive player in a generation. He's gonna generate offense and plays half the game. Our focus needs to be in making sure he has to go through others and be even on those minutes. Just weather the storm, get him tired by the end of the game. The rest of the time we go to work. If our 4th line can do it sometimes too, even better.

Like @Gatorbait19 said, they're gonna come out flying to start when they have the freshest legs. So it's not going to look pretty to start any game. Keep it even, grind out the wins in the 3rd.
This was my perception from game one, it looked lopsided, but when you rewatched the game, you will see when McDavid was in the ice, it seemed chaotic but in reality was our guys adjusting, relaying and switching positions with urgency.
Is this going to work all the time?, no, we all know McDavid can win a game by himself, so yeah, he is the focus at all times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad