GDT: 4/1/2013 - Blues@Wild - 7:00 PM CST - FS-N, FS-WI‎

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Haite

x
Jun 27, 2011
Probably that April Fool's trade jokes etc. aren't allowed. Worth noting, though, that Wasted Talent was talking about a mistake made in a Finnish article and it wasn't necessarily April 1st dependent, albeit it did fit nicely.

Randy BoBandy

Cheeseburger Party
May 9, 2011
Sunnyvale
Ok. Refresh my admittedly poor memory. What'd they do the year or two prior?

And unless they put it together soon, this year isn't looking so great.

What does it matter what they did a 2 years ago. They are a great team with a TON of depth. The problem for them has been goaltending this year. They could easily go on a streak at any time.

They play the Wild tough every game and I expect tonight to be no different.

Wild lose
3-2

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
What does it matter what they did a 2 years ago. They are a great team with a TON of depth. The problem for them has been goaltending this year. They could easily go on a streak at any time.

They play the Wild tough every game and I expect tonight to be no different.

Wild lose
3-2

I completely agree with the bolded portion.

As far is the rest of it, I'm honestly just not convinced. Same as the Avs. I'm not denying they've got good young players. They obviously do. But, they've really yet to do anything to make anyone sit up and take major notice really of anything. And I don't get the feeling (as I didn't with the Avs) it's really going to gel and go anywhere. If you do, great. The media and all the announcers verbally ******* them anytime there is a game on. So obviously you're not alone. I just don't think they're as great as advertised.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
I completely agree with the bolded portion.

As far is the rest of it, I'm honestly just not convinced. Same as the Avs. I'm not denying they've got good young players. They obviously do. But, they've really yet to do anything to make anyone sit up and take major notice really of anything. And I don't get the feeling (as I didn't with the Avs) it's really going to gel and go anywhere. If you do, great. The media and all the announcers verbally ******* them anytime there is a game on. So obviously you're not alone. I just don't think they're as great as advertised.

They've done more than we have.

This is also mostly the same team that got them the 109 points last season.

Let's also keep in mind that our last week and a half has not been all that great. Our d has looked pretty bad overall, and our goaltending has been some of the worst it's been all year.

This game really could go either way.

Randy BoBandy

Cheeseburger Party
May 9, 2011
Sunnyvale
They have Piet and Shattenkirk two of the best young D-men in the league. Arguably the best rookie forward in Tarasenko. Then Oshie, Perron, Steen, Backes, McDonald, Stewart, Berglund are all great players. I love their roster.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
With Oshie out of the line-up, I like the Wild's chances even more.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
We play to the level of team we are going against. Phoenix should have been a walk in the park and it took a last minute heroic effort from Suter to tie it and Koivu to win it in OT.

I'm going 4-2 us. Seto, Heatley, Koivu, and Brodin

Suter with 4 assists :D

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
They have Piet and Shattenkirk two of the best young D-men in the league. Arguably the best rookie forward in Tarasenko. Then Oshie, Perron, Steen, Backes, McDonald, Stewart, Berglund are all great players. I love their roster.

So...let me reiterate:

I'm not denying they've got good young players. They obviously do.

But whatever else I said, at this point I stand by it.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
I still remember David Perron embarrassing the Wild last game.

And the game before that, and the game before that...

If I were Yeo, I'ld tell Stoner and Konopka that they are to play that dude like glue all game long and staple his ass to the boards every chance they can get.

Karl

Feb 4, 2005
The State of Hockey
Crazy to think this is the last month of the regular season. Wild are playing at home, if they want to play past April they need to win at home. Period. Wild win 4-2

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I like our chances tonight, especially with Oshie out.

But I really want to see the Defense show up again. They've been absent for too long.

THEALLKNOWING*

Well if Greenlay has his way, and it were a drinking game, we'll all be drunk before the game starts:help:

Can you imagine Gorg's prep for this game? He is going to be beside himself with the Minnesota mention possibilities. My guess he's going to go after Leipold for the 2nd intermission, due to the trade. He can talk about where he's from, being a Gopher, and winning tge national championship.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad