GDT: #38 | Flyers at Sharks | Friday, Dec. 30, 2016 | 10:00 p.m. ET |CSN-CA, CSN-PH

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Ummmm didn't he watch Konecny last game? You know, the guy who made an awesome pass that got us our first goal?

Really stupid decision.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I do wonder why he chooses to scratch TK when he just had 2 1st assists last game. There was a decent stretch of sub-par play and/or scoring if you really wanted a lesson teaching moment or to give him a breather.....but now you scratch him? Odd timing.

Seems to me that Konecny is a scapegoat for a team performance. It's just easier to scratch a rookie and say "teaching moment" than scratch a veteran.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Hakstol must have heard that I said Berube was worse with lineups and he decided that he wanted to make it a competition.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Playing a big fast team and we need points,,, maybe we should get older and slower ????

Had to switch prediction from TK to VDV, need someone 100% to be playing.

Last edited:

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Gudas hasn't looked good the last few games, but we have no one to replace him.
Need a big game from Del Zotto tonight.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I do wonder why he chooses to scratch TK when he just had 2 1st assists last game. There was a decent stretch of sub-par play and/or scoring if you really wanted a lesson teaching moment or to give him a breather.....but now you scratch him? Odd timing.

Seems to me that Konecny is a scapegoat for a team performance. It's just easier to scratch a rookie and say "teaching moment" than scratch a veteran.

Yeh.

Just ridiculous.

Great message to send... "This guy played well last game while most of you played like ****, but he is 19 years old so he sits instead of the guys who are AHLers and play crap most games."

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Makes as much sense as the Ghost scratch, but Gudas is the bigger loss. This one could get ugly.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Odd timing to scratch Konecny after a two-point game. His game will come along when reunited with Couts.

Gordon brings nothing to the game. Weise is even more useless, just a younger version of R.J.Umberger and he will be here for a long long time.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Makes as much sense as the Ghost scratch, but Gudas is the bigger loss. This one could get ugly.
Yep, scratching Konecny right now seems odd, but losing Gudas is the real issue. Time for Del Zotto to try and play for a contract for once.

Looks like Hakstol hasn't figured out yet what he wants his top 6/top 9 to look like.
With Couturier back we have 7 top 6 players + Cousins and Weise.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
TK scratched for Gordon after 2 assists and a great overall performance?!

Lmao.

Plenty of room on the Hakstol is a joke bandwagon.

I ****ing hate this guy. He's a joke.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
My friend in Cali will be at the game. I asked him to throw a hammer at Daves head.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
Healthy scratching TK , it's like winning isn't a priority. This guy is not good for kids while the twins escape all accountability. Insanity

I agree that winning isn't a priority. Hasn't been for a few seasons.

I don't know yet if Hakstol is good for the kids or not. I am hoping there is a method in the madness; that getting the prospects ready for a championship run in a couple of seasons is the actual goal. But that's just me trying to rationalize the scratching. Time will tell.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
The scratching did nothing for Ghost.

It will do nothing for TK.

It will just make us worse and decrease our chances at winning the game.

Awful.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
If anyone wants to ever argue with me again that this guy isnt clueless with lineups, Boyd Gordon over Travis Konecny makes you wrong.

NYCFlyer

Nov 23, 2002
NYC
It is possible that there was an off the field issue (missing a meeting, insubordination etc..)

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
TK needs to learn that he needs [at least] 3 pts per game to stay in the lineup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad