GDT: #38 – Sabres at Maple Leafs – Fri Dec 27 – 7:30 PM EST – MSG-B, TSN-HD – WGR-550

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
We have been a 3 line team for most of this period and its allowed the Leafs back into the game. Unlike the Yotes the leafs love to attack and will pounce on an advantage like that.

BloFan4Life

Jul 8, 2009
NY
This is the first game I have watched in a while; a couple observations:

This team is no different under Nolan. Still don't play a full game and passing is not NHL caliber.

What the heck is Nolan doing with Foligno?!?! Can you please play him more and stop with the Scott as a regular player BS.

Ott is totally worthless.

Miller is still playing on his knees.

Stafford still can't find the back of the net.

So the things I noticed, as things change, they still stay the same.

Can't wait till Nolan and a bunch of these crap players are gone.

Also, where the heck is the GM?!? Do we really plan on just losing these UFA for nothing at the end of the season?!?

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012

This team is no different under Nolan. Still don't play a full game and passing is not NHL caliber.

What the heck is Nolan doing with Foligno?!?! Can you please play him more and stop with the Scott as a regular player BS.

Also, where the heck is the GM?!? Do we really plan on just losing these UFA for nothing at the end of the season?!?

This is my first game in a while so heres my conclusions on the past month of hockey... O boy :shakehead

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY

:laugh: Thanks I needed that.

And the rest of your post is an emotional rant to the circumstances of the game. The team is without question playing better under Nolan. If you can't see that then............. :shakehead

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003

This team is no different under Nolan. Still don't play a full game

Goodness.

When you have Flynn getting big minutes and John Scott getting regular shift you are gonna have a bad time.

Clearly the flu is still affecting this team, they look very leg weary.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA

Foligno doesn't deserve the ice time really; he hasn't been very good at all lately.

Miller's been the LEAST of the Sabres' concerns this year -- there's a reason why the national media are hyping him up as Team USA's starter unless Quick comes back at 100%.

There is a HUGE change with the Sabres' effort under Nolan....the results are kind of the same though because of the absolute dearth of talent, especially offensively.

And we're gonna have a bunch of crap players next year too -- might want to come back in 16/17......

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Goodness.

When you have Flynn getting big minutes and John Scott getting regular shift you are gonna have a bad time.

Clearly the flu is still affecting this team, they look very leg weary.

Yeah....you can tell that the "FLU line" of Omark/Leino/Folingo have next to nothing in the tank. It wouldn't shock me at all if we really went to 3 lines again in the 3rd.....

Savitar

AKA Jose
Jan 15, 2013
As long as this team progresses the rest of the year I'm happy, we aren't making the playoffs. As long as the young Players develop I'm happy

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY

Sabres win a few games in a row so BloFan4Life watches his team again. Comes back to posting and it's a terrible post.

Could copy and paste that every year.

machpo

Apr 18, 2007

nothing like a drive-by opinion. so insightful and salient!

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
We already did for most of the 2nd

Yep Folgino/Leino/Omark had 2 shifts in that period, none in the last 10 minutes. I can't imagine they are all fully recovered--this might be a case of if Rochester wasn't an ocean away we might see some guys still sitting out. Nolan's short on bodies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad