Post-Game Talk: #31: FLYERS at Avalanche, Wednesday, Dec. 11, 2019, 9:30 pm ET

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
The injuries thing shouldn’t be an excuse. Other clubs also have injuries to their players.

They lost against an Avs team that also had some. So be it.

Can’t let this become a slide. It’s just frustrating to me to see the Avalanche really be a team on the rise. They also have been arguably just as shitty as the Flyers for a while, but they actually fully committed to a tear down.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Hold me. Man that’s depressing

giphy.gif

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Thought Couturier and Provorov were their best players.

Frost and JVR absolutely abominable.

The 4th line actually did its job.

Hayes had some nice offensive plays and multiple really bad defensive ones.

But, with 4 regulars out, including their 2 top goal scorers, and flying into Denver to play one of the league's best teams, I expected a loss. Wasn't a bad effort.

Reactions: VladDrag

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
The injuries thing shouldn’t be an excuse. Other clubs also have injuries to their players.

Can’t let this become a slide.
We have a double whammy though. We lose the positives of the guys who are injured and they're replaced by guys who are massive negatives.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004

Can’t let this become a slide.

Pens have been winning all year with more.
Same as Avs and most other teams.

Our starts have to be better and we need to bury our chances when we are trailing

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
this is where i get concerned if I am the flyers. How does this team get better? Before one could hang their hat on Frost and Farabee being called up. But they are up. There is no one to call up. This roster is not good enough and all those years of having the best prospects well they are all up now and we still aren't good enough. The only hope this team has is if Nolan Patrick comes back and becomes our number 1 center.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Hayes line poor, Hagg poor. If you want to see stats lying JVR was +0 and if not for hart he would have been -3. Niskanen 3rd goal coverage brutal. Team speed is so different in this game. Also notice how when colorado makes a pass it hot fast and tight while we try to make drop pass and hold our breath half the time.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
We have a double whammy though. We lose the positives of the guys who are injured and they're replaced by guys who are massive negatives.

Very much agree. There isn’t a whole lot of depth to this club. The reasoning that they “already called up their depth” isn’t a correct one in my eyes. The kids should have been penciled in to play anyway.

It just is what it is. It’s a team where the smallest things do matter, because they aren’t really an upper tier club.

Surprising. I know. Its just frustrating for me to play the Avs. Frustrating to me to watch them truly rise, because it’s what I hoped the Flyers would become.

Get the next game, and get back on whatever track this is. Minnesota is on a hot streak but they aren’t a team that will sustain it.

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
this is where i get concerned if I am the flyers. How does this team get better? Before one could hang their hat on Frost and Farabee being called up. But they are up. There is no one to call up. This roster is not good enough and all those years of having the best prospects well they are all up now and we still aren't good enough. The only hope this team has is if Nolan Patrick comes back and becomes our number 1 center.

That's a little dramatic

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad