GDT: #30 – Panthers at Sabres – Sat Dec 13, 7:00PM ET – MSG-B, BELL TV – WGR

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
And the Sabres aren't made up of #1 overall/sure thing prospects.

They are young Players at different stages of development. Their development and the long term impact, IS relevant to the future goals

I don't disagree.

GerbeSonOfGloin

May 27, 2011
Barzal is pretty much the exact opposite of what we have....except for the high IQ thing.

Barzal's a smallish, speedy, great skater who thinks the game at a high level. Has a great shot AND is a great playmaker. He's gotten Kane comparisons prior to this year. He's an all-offense skilled winger.....who could very well be a 1st line winger.

I think he'd be a perfect fit next to Reinhart.

He seems like a faster version of Reinhart to me. I suppose one can never have enough great IQ, but whenever I hear everyone go on and on about a young guy's great hockey IQ and intangibles, it makes me think what it's coming at the expense of. (Because if it wasn't, then why are they being projected into the bottom half of the top 10?) We already have two very complete center prospects in Girgensons and Reinhart. I don't want another future captain, I want a future top 10 scorer.

If Barzal can be that guy, then I'm all for it. I'm for whoever stands the best chance of that.

Grinder44

Jun 6, 2006
Los Angeles
The Sabres recent first rounders are developing really well for the most part (Girgs, Risto, Zadarov); Grigorenko is still a question mark, but has certainly taken steps forward this season; their highest pick in over 25 years, Reinhart, hasn't even gotten started yet; a couple of "older" first-rounders, Myers and Ennis, are top performers for the team at their positions; and there are a boat-load of promising prospects in the minors, college, and juniors (Bailey, Compher, Armia, McCabe, Fasching, Pysyk, Lemieux, Baptist, etc., etc., etc.). They have three picks in the first round next summer in what's supposed to be a deep draft (although I would guess one or more could be moved for assets). Yeah, it'd be great to get McEichel... but I'd say all in all this team looks like it's definitely on the right track!

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Sabres Digital Press Box Post-Game Report: 12/13 vs. FLA

ZADOROV'S OT WINNER LIFTS SABRES OVER PANTHERS
11 different Sabres record a point; Gorges, Meszaros injured

Chris Ryndak - Sabres.com

Sabres-Panthers Recap (12/13/14) - 24:21 Mins

[NHL]699541[/NHL]

VIDEO

MORE