Proposal: 3-way trade between CGY, TOR, WSH

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
A rare 3-way trade that might work out for all teams IMO.

Toronto receives:
Andrew Mangiapane (5,8M x1yr UFA)
Rasmus Andersson (4,6M x2yr UFA)
Caps 1st 2026

Washington receives:
Mitch Marner (10,903 x1yr UFA)

Calgary receives:
Connor McMichael (2,1M x2yr RFA)
Timothy Liljegren (3,0M x2yr RFA)

This is just an atrocious trade for the Calgary Flames. Not only do they trade a very valuable asset for ten cents on the dollar, but they also somehow take on more money in the trade.

MW6

Sponsor
Oct 21, 2011
Umeå
I have now revised the trade after hearing your thoughts, i do appreciate constructive feedback instead of slanter. Do people expect Andersson to re-sign in CGY with the Weegar extension? Is Weegar no1 or Andersson?

MW6

Sponsor
Oct 21, 2011
Umeå
This is just an atrocious trade for the Calgary Flames. Not only do they trade a very valuable asset for ten cents on the dollar, but they also somehow take on more money in the trade.
Sorry, I've changed the proposal now, but that money the take on (500k) is offset by sending down someone to the minors as they get two players for basically the same money.

MW6

Sponsor
Oct 21, 2011
Umeå
Caps can just wait 9 months to try and sign Marner for free.

Caps haven't moved substantial futures for many years now, there's no reason to start now.
I actually think it's time for them to sort things out with the youth coming in. This offseason sped up their rebuild a lot and they will be one of the teams to beat in the east with Marner on as well. Marner is in the same agegroup as Strome, Dubois, Chychrun, Wilson, Roy who will be the core moving forward after next year. Wilson and maybe Vrana/Carlson (if they re-sign) will be the only ones left from when they won the cup in 2018. They now have center depth but they dont have that go-to pointproducing forward.

so, OP is a Leafs fan?
I'm actually a Caps fan but didnt want to be a "homer", I've changed the deal after reading everyones opinions.

Random schmoe

Random fan with their own opinions
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2019
Haggins is a player they can build around. It’s all but guaranteed Washington’s 1st is a top 5 pick. I think this is terrible for Washington and meh for Toronto.
Highly, highly doubt that Washington ends up as one of the 5 worst teams in the NHL. Just off the top of my head San Jose, Montreal, Chicago, Pittsburgh, Columbus, and Philly are worse.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad