GDT: #3| Penguins at Toronto| Sat. Oct. 12 |7:00PM| SBA| NHLN, SN-PIT| Leper Messiah

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Really like what they showed in the first, playing with an intensity I can't remember seeing in years, and like others have said, Blomquist seems to be really on it, which must be a confidence booster for the team. Remains to be seen if the shooters around the league can figure him out though, but early returns look really promising
The goal is maybe clouding your judgement on how many turnovers and zone pressures the Leafs had. Blomqvist bailed them out a ton in that first period because this game, if the Leafs could finish (major struggles already 3 games in), this would be ugly by now.

Larsson was solid in camp. I feel bad for him too.
I liked his signing, thought he should have been the back-up and was fine seeing Blomqvist sent down but also fine with him up right now as well, but yeah Larsson was solid in his games in the pre-season. If Jarry wasn’t absolutely shattered with his confidence, the team could have moved him and gone with Larsson and Blomqvist and I’d be fine with it. Ned I for sure was shocked to see re-sign, thought he was better off leaving to be honest.

Sports net is such crap with their 4K channels.

LiffLaff

Crazy? Me?
Feb 22, 2010
Vardal
The goal is maybe clouding your judgement on how many turnovers and zone pressures the Leafs had. Blomqvist bailed them out a ton in that first period because this game, if the Leafs could finish (major struggles already 3 games in), this would be ugly by now.
Yeah it wasnt perfect by any stretch of the imagination, don't get me wrong, but it still seems to me like they are playing with more intensity than what we saw basically all of last year, both on the for and backcheck, chasing loose pucks and at least fighting a bit for possession. Might just be because the bottom six doesnt look AHL level so far though..

Reactions: The Old Master

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
I really hope Jarry can rebound, the moronic comments here about him aside, this team needs him to rebound and just for his sake I hope he does. You can trade a goalie that is playing well, which if some of you want that to happen, you’d be hoping for as well. I am curious if the new goalie coach (Kain Tsai instead of the Pens GC in Chiodo) can help him sort his stuff out, no one (good anyway) wants to see a bloke like that fail.

Reactions: The Old Master

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Well yeah, odd man rushes finally paying off for the Leafs, just a matter of time. They kept doing this all first period daring the Leafs to score and they called their bluff.

Blomqvist deserves better.

LiffLaff

Crazy? Me?
Feb 22, 2010
Vardal
Late to the party but the powerplay is miles better because Letang is on it. Letang has the shoot first mentality that a lot of their other top PP guys don't have, him being more willing to shoot it from the top of the PP helps the PP out far more than Karlsson being super passive.
Who knew shooting the puck has a place on the powerplay, huh? 😅

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia

I liked his signing, thought he should have been the back-up and was fine seeing Blomqvist sent down but also fine with him up right now as well, but yeah Larsson was solid in his games in the pre-season. If Jarry wasn’t absolutely shattered with his confidence, the team could have moved him and gone with Larsson and Blomqvist and I’d be fine with it. Ned I for sure was shocked to see re-sign, thought he was better off leaving to be honest.

Sports net is such crap with their 4K channels.
I need to see a lot more before I come to conclusions about the goaltending. But I do trust Swedish goalies mentally, for sure. Blomqvist proved it in camp after bouncing back from that blowout and withhow he's handling himself to start his NHL career here.
Jarry was league average last year and I don't believe in talking about him as if he played like league-worst, like everyone else here. I'll wait to see what he does this season.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
I need to see a lot more before I come to conclusions about the goaltending. But I do trust Swedish goalies mentally, for sure. Blomqvist proved it in camp after bouncing back from that blowout and withhow he's handling himself to start his NHL career here.
Jarry was league average last year and I don't believe in talking about him as if he played like league-worst, like everyone else here. I'll wait to see what he does this season.
He was pretty damn good for 4-5 months, it took some really bad 2 weeks to destroy his stats enough for blokes to shit all over him as they do now for how he did last season without any real context or understanding.

Reactions: AuroraBorealis

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad