GDT: #3| Penguins at Toronto| Sat. Oct. 12 |7:00PM| SBA| NHLN, SN-PIT| Leper Messiah

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Really good period of hockey for these boys. The came out flying and punch the Leafs right square in the f***ing mouth and did not let up one bit.

If they can play like this for 60min, it's going to be a good game.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Actually I was thinking that after I posted. We have seen this before lol.
The amount of defensive collapses by the team in the first game was absolutely ridiculous, it was like watching the Sharks last season, they gave up 40 shots, had multiple turnovers, multiple odd man rushes, it was just pure ass mid season Sullivan bs.

• Haha
Reactions: SomeOldDude

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Blomqvist kinda reminds me of Murray in his first year with the team. Not flashy, but makes himself big and his positioning is great. A calming presence in net.

Hope he doesn't follow the Murray career trajectory though.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Really good period, I just hate how our defense after a little bit push loses confidence and start just sending the puck around the boards basically just giving them chance to contain pressure, there were doing just fine coming out of our zone in bunches

Reactions: Andy99

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Blom is super calm like Murray but not cocky, which I felt Murray was even when he was awful, he’d blame everything and everyone but himself.
Cockiness isn't the worst thing in a goalie tbh. A lot of the great ones have that. Brodeur and Lundqvist were insufferable. Hank would stare down his players after every puck they tipped in on him.

Thing about cockiness is you have to earn that though lol. Bad goalies that are cocky? Oof

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
This was the hope with our goalie prospects. I thought Lindberg would be the guy, but Blom will work too.
I was quite pissed off when the team had to move Cole because of Sullivan and to get Big Game Ass and gave up Gustavsson, but then the team drafted Clang and Blomqvist, dealt Clang, kept Blomqvist and he’s continued to progress very well and then the team suddenly got Murashov to come over which was a pleasant surprise.

Kind of sucks to be Larsson though, he left the Wings organization to go back to Europe to get a better shot elsewhere, now he’s further down the depth chart.

Reactions: AuroraBorealis

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Cockiness isn't the worst thing in a goalie tbh. A lot of the great ones have that. Brodeur and Lundqvist were insufferable. Hank would stare down his players after every puck they tipped in on him.

Thing about cockiness is you have to earn that though lol. Bad goalies that are cocky? Oof
Being cocky is fine, but also knowing when to be cocky is the key here. When you blame “lucky shots” as why you get lit up, that’s just pure denial. I hope Murray has learned from that and his awful injury history and still rebounds, I don’t really care to see him fail to be honest even if I didn’t like how he was super cocky.

Leafs fans are gonna find out super quick how overrated Berube is as a coach.

Reactions: Pancakes

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Bieksa - one day contracts to retire with the team you’ve spent most of your career with, that ain’t new you bell end.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Rumor has it he took up cross stitching
Still a Pens scout or development something or another no? Similar to Carter doing the same thing as Cullen when he retired. I know Carter wanted to stay as his kids were finally settled in and he didn’t want to move just yet.

Well, i hope blomqvist keeps it up

It often happens that rookies are hot for a short time
Joel has spent some time in pro leagues before so he’s maybe more prepared than we anticipated. 40 games in SM-Liiga, then 45+ in WBS (1 full season), definitely sooner than we thought, but it’s a lot of great stuff to build off of for him.

LiffLaff

Crazy? Me?
Feb 22, 2010
Vardal
Really like what they showed in the first, playing with an intensity I can't remember seeing in years, and like others have said, Blomquist seems to be really on it, which must be a confidence booster for the team. Remains to be seen if the shooters around the league can figure him out though, but early returns look really promising. Here's hoping they can keep the momentum going.

Reactions: vodeni

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Late to the party but the powerplay is miles better because Letang is on it. Letang has the shoot first mentality that a lot of their other top PP guys don't have, him being more willing to shoot it from the top of the PP helps the PP out far more than Karlsson being super passive.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
I was quite pissed off when the team had to move Cole because of Sullivan and to get Big Game Ass and gave up Gustavsson, but then the team drafted Clang and Blomqvist, dealt Clang, kept Blomqvist and he’s continued to progress very well and then the team suddenly got Murashov to come over which was a pleasant surprise.

Kind of sucks to be Larsson though, he left the Wings organization to go back to Europe to get a better shot elsewhere, now he’s further down the depth chart.
Larsson was solid in camp. I feel bad for him too.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad