Post-Game Talk: #3 - Jackets @ Rangers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Glennsoe

Horndog
Jan 7, 2011
Soooo glad we have this guy in goal...

VmXmJoU.gif

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Someone forgot to tell the Rangers they are suppose to suck in October.

Someone forgot to tell Hank. The D is in usual October form.

Good news is, we always get better, and we'll already have wins.

You ever wonder that we might just sacrifice our D to have a better attack and AV is fine with that because he has hank in net?

I would buy that if we were getting caught on a lot of odd man rushes being aggressive. That's not really the problem.

My problem is how much zone time the other team has had which isn't conducive to offense at all.

We're scoring a lot because our offense is absolutely lethal and needs the puck only for a limited time to score, not because we're being particularly aggressive. In fact, I think the Rangers are still one of the more passive teams in the league. Not Torts-level, but still passive.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
Someone forgot to tell Hank. The D is in usual October form.

Good news is, we always get better, and we'll already have wins.

I would buy that if we were getting caught on a lot of odd man rushes being aggressive. That's not really the problem.

My problem is how much zone time the other team has had which isn't conducive to offense at all.

We're scoring a lot because our offense is absolutely lethal and needs the puck only for a limited time to score, not because we're being particularly aggressive. In fact, I think the Rangers are still one of the more passive teams in the league. Not Torts-level, but still passive.

Well, unlike Tort's team, much of AV's teams' passivity comes from playing with the lead a lot. We're an immaculate shut-down team, our record with a lead after 2 periods over the last 7-8 years proves that much. Without the lead I think the Rangers typically dominate play and the raise the tempo of the game a ton.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Well, unlike Tort's team, much of AV's teams' passivity comes from playing with the lead a lot. We're an immaculate shut-down team, our record with a lead after 2 periods over the last 7-8 years proves that much. Without the lead I think the Rangers typically dominate play and the raise the tempo of the game a ton.

I will say this, in all fairness, we looked great tonight until it was 3-0.

I don't think there's a good possession team in the world up 3 goals.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Twenty f*ckin years
Oct 8, 2010
I should be shocked by the "OMG the defense sucks" crap but sadly I'm not. We took a 3-0 lead 6 minutes in. What do you people expect? A 7-0 win with 10 shots against? Of course the other team is gonna get chances after going down 3-0 that early. Hank was obviously fantastic, I honestly think he might have the best season of his career. Stallinberg is an awesome line. Yandle is GOAT. Team might be better than last year, which is insane to think about.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
I should be shocked by the "OMG the defense sucks" crap but sadly I'm not. We took a 3-0 lead 6 minutes in. What do you people expect? A 7-0 win with 10 shots against? Of course the other team is gonna get chances after going down 3-0 that early. Hank was obviously fantastic, I honestly think he might have the best season of his career. Stallinberg is an awesome line. Yandle is GOAT. Team might be better than last year, which is insane to think about.

Quit it with the hyperbole. The defense has been an issue dating back to last season. This isn't just one game.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Twenty f*ckin years
Oct 8, 2010
Quit it with the hyperbole. The defense has been an issue dating back to last season. This isn't just one game.

The defense isn't perfect, but it's a lot better than some here would lead one to believe. I think the addition of Yandle for a full year will help - he's already been making his impact felt thus far.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
On the train back now from Section 221.

Very fun game. Only glaring negative for me is that I am starting to get very worried about Girardi. Like more than usual.

Most of us are. His decline is full speed ahead and its frightening

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
You ever wonder that we might just sacrifice our D to have a better attack and AV is fine with that because he has hank in net?

The issue is that we are spending 11.2M on two of those defenders when we should be spending less than half of that

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Great post man. Yandle is awesome. And let me say that so many things need to go right for a PT

Player big P

no more striptease no more flashes
Feb 4, 2010
Prague
I liked Brooks's article about the games so far, especially this line:

"They don’t have anyone who has won, or even has come close to winning, the Rocket Richard or Art Ross Trophies."

rtrlive665331-TOR017D_SPORT_NH.jpg

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Who knows, Price is being treated like a deity after one elite season so if he has another they may rename the trophy after him.

AV post game comments saying Fast was good but he just wanted to get Tanner in are frightening. Glass was fine tonight but he will revert back to his usual self. So does this mean Etem is below Glass on the depth chart?

The thing is, at least I can't fault AV for playing Glass in this game. It didn't happend, but if you have been around for a while you know what can happend if say a Kreider "collides" with a Ryan Johansen with the latter being carried off on a stretcher, or whatever, in a game like this.

Glass was alright, like he usually is, while providing a physical ability we do not otherwise have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad