Post-Game Talk: #3 - Jackets @ Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Fast has been horrible to start the year. No problem sitting him for a game or a few.

It's not a bad thing to do with a young guy. Has worked for Kreider, Miller, Zuccarello, etc in the past.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Actually, I agree with AV's comments about Fast, and said the same thing in last night's post-game. Fast was not handling the puck well. However, the remedy is NEVER Tanner Glass.

Esa 10

Jul 12, 2006
AV has no objectivity when it comes to Glass.

Gorton is responsible. He has to exert his authority and trade/waive Glass. Take away AV's crutch.

Not a good start for Gorton with the draft day deals and letting the Glass situation fester.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
Wow that's such ****ing bull ****. I thought Fast was honestly hurt, but he's really sitting him for Tannger ****ing Glass? Are you ****ing serious? If you're going to sit Fast, then play Etem. And if you care that much about the physical game, then play McI. There's literally zero reason to ever play Glass, unless we have multiple injuries where we're literally forced to play Glass because he's the option left.

So ****ing mind-boggling from AV. And it does ****ing matter, because he's going to play the piece of trash when the game actually matters, ie playoffs or a super important regular season game. Is it coincidence that he's never won a Cup? He can't keep doing this, Glass is a terrible ****ing hockey player, period.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
AV has no objectivity when it comes to Glass.

Gorton is responsible. He has to exert his authority and trade/waive Glass. Take away AV's crutch.

Not a good start for Gorton with the draft day deals and letting the Glass situation fester.

Objectivity is not some world beating virtue that AV should be striving for. I don't want my teams coach to be objective. Coaches don't become successful in this league by being objective. It's such a terrible argument. But I expect no less from a point of view that can best be summed up by "waaaaaahhh"

And once again, Gorton was not the GM on draft day.

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
Hank is just on fire. He is dialed in like its the playoffs. My goodness.

Tonight was reminiscent of tons of games last season where the Rangers looked like the globetrotters at times and got out to a big early lead then gave the other team tons of chances but Hank bailed them out.

The Rangers did look like Globetrotters on defense. Luckily Hank was playing on another world that game.

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
3 Stars for me:

3) Stalberg
2) Lindberg(tied for League lead in goals, who would've thought)
1) Hank(****ING BEAST, BEST GOALIE EVER! Carey Price can go suck a dink.)

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Objectivity is not some world beating virtue that AV should be striving for. I don't want my teams coach to be objective. Coaches don't become successful in this league by being objective. It's such a terrible argument. But I expect no less from a point of view that can best be summed up by "waaaaaahhh"

And once again, Gorton was not the GM on draft day.

And what's wrong with objectivity? He should let his friendship with a scrub make the team worse?

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
On the train back now from Section 221.

Very fun game. Only glaring negative for me is that I am starting to get very worried about Girardi. Like more than usual.

Funny, I actually thought Girardi was pretty solid tonight.

Boyle on the other hand was very bad. He looks unusually slow out there.

Can't really complain about much in that though. The Rangers are not going to be advanced stats darlings because they seem to jump out to leads and then let the game come to them which leads to a lot of shots against. But it's clear as day to anyone who has focused over the past few years that falling behind to the Rangers, especially in the third period, is a death wish.

Machinehead

GoAwayBrady
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

So you're saying you want your coach to be blatantly biased towards certain players?

Well that's odd, but alright.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Sometimes younger players need to take a seat for a game or two in order to learn a lesson.

AV made a player decision for this game and it payed off. They played a much better game so there really is no argument because he clearly proved you wrong.

Why do you guys insist on sh**ting on everyone and everything about the team? Everything's always about the negative.

Seasons just starting and they're 3-0 and all i see is whining. I have to question if some of you are even a real fan.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
People around the league think our D is good because our goals against is good. They don't see the **** Lundqvist has to put up with.

I mean, historically they've been good. And as early as two seasons ago it was good. Last season, eh, I thought they took a step back. This season I will reserve judgment as I only saw one game. It was disappointingly bad at times today though. That said two seasons ago were were getting 9 goals hung on us. THAT'S awful. Let's wait and see. If the D fixes itself to what it could be and Lundqvist plays at 80% of the way he's played so far, we might be #1 in goals against this season.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
I visited the Jackets board and they seem to have a much higher opinion of D than us. :laugh:

The Rangers D are very highly regarded around the league and for good reason.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is a few McNuggets short of a happy meal :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad