GDT: 3/4 Canes @ does it even matter?: Everybody Hurts

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Lazyking

Never Forget
Oct 15, 2011
Connecticut
I know the feeling is that getting these points will change JR's mindset going into the deadline, but really??

I mean, it's JR, so he's not going to do anything. Plus, they put a quote up that he's telling us that this is a "young team," and there needs to be patience. Really?? JR is truly asleep or dead if he thinks we need to be patient with this "young" team. That is an absolutely ridiculous assessment of this team right now. And on top of all that, he's got nothing really to move. Nobody wants our overpriced crap (Ward or Ruutu) or pending UFAs (Hainsey? really?) and the rest of the guys are locked up with no-trade clauses. Who would we really trade?

We won't do anything tomorrow -- mostly because we can't -- not because of these two points.

Agreed.. Any player a team would want from us, we shouldn't trade.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
After watching all these interviews this season, I feel like Harrison may be the only person on the team actually speaking English.

Hainsey is pretty well spoken too.

Just FYI, the Canes were scouting Coyotes/Canucks for some reason tonight. They've played both their games against those teams.

Wolfpuck

Chefnikov
Jun 25, 2006
The 919
17-2-4 when scoring first

So, the Canes have scored first in 23 of 62 games. That basically sums it all up.

Buenos Necas

lets go canes
Jul 18, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Hainsey is pretty well spoken too.

Just FYI, the Canes were scouting Coyotes/Canucks for some reason tonight. They've played both their games against those teams.

Hmmm :sarcasm:

Great win, obviously shouldn't change anything about what we do or more likely don't do tomorrow, but I'll enjoy the win for now. Nice to see Lindholm improving, sweet pass to setup the game winner.

Caniac4ever

Feb 7, 2008
I didn't think with us being this far out of the playoff picture I could get that enthused about a game, but tonight was pretty great. Nice to see some effort tonight.

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
"There's a lot of speculation in this room right now, a lot of guys' minds can be drifting at times," center Jordan Staal said. "It was nice, to be honest, just to get on the ice and play and not worry about that stuff and play a hard tough game and get rewarded for a big win. It was a good feeling."
Interesting. JStaal on the move?

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I was only able to stay up for the first half of the game. Really like Semin on Jordan Staal's line, he looked great last night and actually looked like he played the game with more speed. That looks like a good combination, with Tlusty also.

Skinner/Lindholm/E.Staal looked like they were clicking some also and has some potential, although defensively, that line worries me. Skinner needs to commit more to the defensive end and Eric still cheats coming out of the zone at times.

Khodobin really played those two goals poorly and pretty much gave away those two.... bad rebound on one and he screwed up behind the net on the other. He seems to be playing with a lot of confidence though as he was able to rebound and not let any more in, especially because it sounds like the Sharks really turned on the pressure in the 3rd.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Skinner is a guy who will probably retire a Cane but he really needs to get his **** together. he isn't Alex Ovechkin yet...

Not sure what you mean by "get his **** together". Does he need to improve defensively? No doubt. But he has a LOT of his **** together already. He works exceedingly hard in the offseason (even Gary Roberts commented about how much he has his **** together for a young guy). He seems to have matured and considerably toned down his whining/diving this year. By all accounts, he's a well grounded person, etc...

He's 21. A lot of guys at his age aren't even in the NHL. Taylor Hall is still brutal defensively. Tyler Seguin needed a trade to force him to get his **** together. etc.. Again, I agree he needs to improve defensively and play stronger two way and team game, but let's not go overboard here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad