GDT: 3/29/18 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Boston

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
there's always that chance that we're not playing that bad, and that boston is just way better than we are. waaaaaaaay better

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
So...that was a good effort then? Man. I love the fans on this board. So optimistic.

The effort was there despite it not translating to shots. We were going back and fourth quite evenly with them, they had a lot of shots from the outside too.

But if you wanna say we were abused then go ahead lmao. Still would be wrong. Terrible ending, basically on McDonagh

rangerrat

Jan 3, 2010
Right now, the Boston announcers are giddy as all hell given the score and how quickly the Bruins got there.

40 minutes still to go.
Worth hanging on to see if the Bolts can break through on the score sheet.

Good way to turn Boston homer broadcasts from giddy to excuse laden, no? :D

Like many here, I am very disappointed so far in what has transpired in the first.
TB definitely is in some kind of funk on both offense and defense the last month or so...........yet they still managed to pull out quite a number of impressive wins.

I am not sure what will happen in the post season, but I'd rather have the Bolts go through whatever they are going through NOW, perhaps even be thoroughly embarrassed, then come out dead serious for the post season.

Even if the Bruins DO take first place, I'd say the Bolts should fare well against the Leafs in a first round match up with home ice.

I am not giving up on the division just yet though.
Looking forward to a TB/Phi, TB/NJ, or TB/Fla first round...
. I hope your right that they can come back here and play well enough to win the Division, I feel better them playing the wildcard teams then the Leafs who are playing well and for nothing, No where to go in standing, plus a Deadly PP right now running around 50 % in last 24 chances, Let's wake up Bolts!!

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
I'm a Lightning fan, but, unlike you, one who actually knows a thing or two about hockey from on ice experience at a high level. Unless something changes dramatically, this team will be playing golf in May. I'm not wishing for it, but, as has been noted here many times, it's not a switch you turn on and off. So, enjoy the big win tonight against a generationally bad defense, it doesn't mean a damn thing. What does mean something is that our PK can't stop an ECHL PP now.

Reactions: Stamper

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
giphy.gif

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
I don't care about winning the division. I wouldn't mind if they lose this game competitively while playing well. I have a big problem with them playing like garbage when they're 5 games out from the playoffs. They came into this game 26th on the PK and now they've added another GA. Embarrassing that a team with this much talent can't kill a damn penalty.

Reactions: Bolt 45

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
The effort was there despite it not translating to shots. We were going back and fourth quite evenly with them, they had a lot of shots from the outside too.

But if you wanna say we were abused then go ahead lmao. Still would be wrong. Terrible ending, basically on McDonagh
Hey look, I'd love to be the ***hole that's wrong, but they haven't given me any reason in the last few weeks to believe they can do anything in this game but hold on for dear life and let Boston do whatever they want. Guess we'll see who this team really is in a few hours.

They love to talk about how they know the stakes and how important the game is. Let's see if they can back up their talk.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Ummm... what a board.

And of course it's only 2 despite the injury.

Edit: Guess he's fine.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
FINALLY. Get 4 more now boys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am COOP!!!!!!:thumbu:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad