GDT: 3/10/18

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
That was a bad call which I think would have been overturned if reviewed but I think the ref decided on the call on initial contact a split second before the goal and thus it wasn’t challengable. Which is unfortunate. More than makes up for The bad officiated h earlier but man the reffing in this game has been total shit

Pretty sure Hainsey played a pretty big part in the contact

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
I think he was calling the penalty before the puck went in.

I don't know why he would have been, Hainsey pushed Dumoulin into Andersson.

People should step back and realize it is a game in early March that the Pens weren't looking so hot in anyway.

When the games actually matter the Pens will have the calls go their way.

It's all just one vast conspiracy, thank goodness it's rigged our way.

Reactions: BHD

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
But to call it no goal outright AND call goaltender interference is a massive miss and completely changed the dynamic of the game.

I don't know if it changed the dynamic of the game though. 3-0 game instead of 4-0 or 3-1 (at best, I think you have to call it back though just because of the contact to the head- penalty is excessive). At best, Pens are still down to start the 3rd...

Kind of like the Sabres the other night for us.

Richard

Feb 8, 2012
As a pens fan, I don't even care about the game but if they start calling it that way... f it I'm out. They need to seriously start getting rid of bad officials.

Xanner

Aug 2, 2009
Awful, awful, awful call, dumoulin drove to the net and scored, it should be 3-1, the officiating this year has been awful, has there been a single team that hasn't gotten screwed over this year??

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
As a pens fan, I don't even care about the game but if they start calling it that way... f it I'm out. They need to seriously start getting rid of bad officials.

It's been like that all year and you either get the benefit of the doubt or you don't. Leafs have probably been on the "bad side" more often than not (Bernier, Hawks, Yotes, Sabres)...favourable calls (Pens, Bruins).

Apparently it's because the league office doesn't make the call. It's the on-ice officials, which vary every night game-to-game that make the call. The only way you can make it consistent is if the league office makes all goal-review calls because there is zero consistency ref to ref. But obviously, I think your getting push-back from the refs as well.

member 147413

I don't know why he would have been, Hainsey pushed Dumoulin into Andersson.
I don’t disagree, it was a terrible call. I think the only way Dumo getting a penalty “makes sense” is if the ref called it before the puck went in.

Reffing was in the favour of Pittsburgh up until the interference call on Oleksiak. I don’t feel particularly guilty because Pittsburgh was gifted 3 straight powerplays and weren’t able to convert.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
It's been like that all year and you either get the benefit of the doubt or you don't. Leafs have probably been on the "bad side" more often than not (Bernier, Hawks, Yotes, Sabres)...favourable calls (Pens, Bruins).

Apparently it's because the league office doesn't make the call. It's the on-ice officials, which vary every night game-to-game that make the call. The only way you can make it consistent is if the league office makes all goal-review calls because there is zero consistency ref to ref. But obviously, I think your getting push-back from the refs as well.
By that account it's still 4 bad calls against the Leafs vs 2 that went in their favour.

member 147413

How do people think this hit was clean? Right on the numbers

Yeah, it’s a dangerous hit that could have ended a lot worse.

You don’t hit a players numbers towards the boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad