GDT: 3/10/18

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
html5
html5
giphy.gif

Last edited:

DANTHEMAN1967

Aug 10, 2016
Too bad the Penguins didn't have enough depth up front to keep pressure on the Leafs but Sid, Malkin and Kessel can't play all of the last four minutes.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Somehow a team should go over 10 minutes without a shot on goal and end up with a bunch of power plays. Makes sense.
We've got the third fewest pp opportunity's in the league while scoring the third most goals in the league and being one of the fastest. Again cry us a river.

BHD

Here comes Skinner
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
We've got the third fewest pp opportunity's in the league while scoring the third most goals in the league and being one of the fastest. Again cry us a river.

You're more likely to draw penalties when the puck is on your stick. More often than not, the Leafs were chasing the play during the first half of the season. But don't let the truth get in the way.

Jyrki Lumme

Generational User
Mar 5, 2014
Whoever makes it to the ECF out of the Atlantic is hoping for a Pittsburgh ECF. Would be nice to have an easy home-ice matchup just before the finals.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
You're more likely to draw penalties when the puck is on your stick. More often than not, the Leafs were chasing the play during the first half of the season. But don't let the truth get in the way.
are you really going to pretend Pittsburgh weren't committing infractions? Yeah Leafs didn't really drive play but we were getting more dangerous opportunity than the Penguins.

As for the season as a whole, it's a pretty similar story. Young team that doesn't get the benefit of the doubt

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Time for McDavid to light it up
because he's due? Hasn't been all that great vs the Wild. I fully expect RNH to score though considering i've been saying how underwhelming he is.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
because he's due? Hasn't been all that great vs the Wild. I fully expect RNH to score though considering i've been saying how underwhelming he is.

The Wild are one of the few teams he hasn’t shredded.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
It's like Edmonton winning is actually secondary to how well McDavid plays for some. I don't get it. Must be on your fantasy team?

BHD

Here comes Skinner
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
You're not chasing the play when you have a top 3 record in the conference.

Well you can (like the Leafs did), but strong goaltending and a scoring forwards hide it.

are you really going to pretend Pittsburgh weren't committing infractions? Yeah Leafs didn't really drive play but we were getting more dangerous opportunity than the Penguins.

As for the season as a whole, it's a pretty similar story. Young team that doesn't get the benefit of the doubt

No. They didn't commit one until Oleksiak interfered with Marleau, and lo and behold... he was called for it.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Now that 2 goal swing on the GI + penalty, then the subsequent PP goal even more important
No different than that 5th Sabres goal from Monday when Andersen gets knocked down, because let's remember Mitch Marner made it 5-3 and you can say it should have been 4-3 instead at that point.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
It's like Edmonton winning is actually secondary to how well McDavid plays for some. I don't get it. Must be on your fantasy team?
what do you expect? They're all but mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. wins and losses don't really mean anything to them anymore. When the games were important, Oilers fans wanted to win obviously. that's not the case now

Reactions: snipes
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad