GDT: #3 - 01/23/2013 | Boston Bruins @ New York Rangers | 7:30 PM - NBC SPORTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
8-3 Bruins . If the King was in peak game shape and sharp...I would call it as could go either way...but he is not ready to load the team on his back and carry them again just yet .

Any chance we can throw some sand on the Bruin walkway to try and slow them down ? Do we have any tough ushers that we can dress to scare Lucic or Thornton ? Bickel will be busy tonight and probably in the penalty box all night from having to scrap everybody . Lucic will make Rupp consider retiring after this game .

Forgive me if I'm down on them....but after watching 40 years of Ranger hockey I don't think the roster is that great . At this point we have too many watching and not enough playing , never a good mix ! We over achieved last season...let's be real , we only go where Hank can carry us .

Oh 40 years huh? So that must mean after 2 games you can easily tell this team just doesn't have what it takes.

2 games fellas, don't even bother watching tonight.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
we need to start worrying if we lose to philly. i'm not worried if we lose to boston again... seems like we always lose to boston

Dude, what the hell are you talking about. We win the season series against them more often than not. Prior to this season there were at least 2 straight seasons of of going 3-1 against them. People need to do some research before posting stuff like that.

Kershaw

If Bickel is in the lineup: 5-4 Bruins

If Bickel isn't in the lineup: 4-2 Rangers

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I have a good feeling about this one. No idea why, but I do.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
With Gaborik's slow start, do you guys think it may have something to do with his shoulder? Hope not. I don't want a repeat of 10-11.

TC82

Aug 27, 2012
With Gaborik's slow start, do you guys think it may have something to do with his shoulder? Hope not. I don't want a repeat of 10-11.

Jagr's shot was never the same after he hurt his shoulder in the playoffs. Who knows.

Could be that he's still watching out for it and not playing by instinct. Things like that will affect your play.

TC82

Aug 27, 2012
If Bickel is in the lineup: 5-4 Bruins

If Bickel isn't in the lineup: 4-2 Rangers

Well it looks like Bickel will be in the lineup, but will be playing on the 4th line and Eminger is set to take his place.

Apr 10, 2012
Dude, what the hell are you talking about. We win the season series against them more often than not. Prior to this season there were at least 2 straight seasons of of going 3-1 against them. People need to do some research before posting stuff like that.

i don't need to do research to have an opinion on how i remembered them playing, but since you brought it up...

last season:
1st win game was a sloppy 3-2 ot win that they handed us with a boarding penalty going into OT
2nd game lundqvist had a 42 save shutout-- a game we should've lost.
3rd game i don't remember, but it was a 4:3 win. can't comment on it as i really do not remember it
4th game we lost
in my opinion boston wins everywhere but the scoreboard when we play them.

to reiterate what i was saying-- boston is one of the best teams in the NHL. philly is not. if we lose to boston i'm not as worried as i will be if we lose to philly. philly isn't even on the same tier.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kershaw

I hate the obsession with Bickel.

Yeah, I think I'm being a bit too harsh on Bicks. Staal needs to improve though, he's playing like his regular season self of last year. He needs to step it up the most. He's been on the ice for 1 GF and 6 GA despite playing against 2nd line competition (leads the team).

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
i don't need to do research to have an opinion on how i remembered them playing, but since you brought it up...

last season:
1st win game was a sloppy 3-2 ot win that they handed us with a boarding penalty going into OT
2nd game lundqvist had a 42 save shutout-- a game we should've lost.
3rd game i don't remember, but it was a 4:3 win. can't comment on it as i really do not remember it
4th game we lost
in my opinion boston wins everywhere but the scoreboard when we play them.

to reiterate what i was saying-- boston is one of the best teams in the NHL. philly is not. if we lose to boston i'm not as worried as i will be if we lose to philly. philly isn't even on the same tier.

seems like we always lose to boston

Bringing up games we should have lost is completely irrelevant to this quote. The quote is about actually winning games not outplaying them. Also, why are you making excuses for why the Bruins lost? Especially when you bring up stupid **** like them handing us a game by boarding. Guess what? You can't board! That's not handing us the game. They tried to change the momentum of the game with a big hit, but boarded, so it was a legit call. The 3-0 win we played poorly but guess what? You don't get style points in this league. Hank was great (and he's still here) and the D allowed mostly perimeter shots. We outplayed them in the final game and Hank played worse than usual. Yet you don't say we should have won that game. Seems like you're a Bruins fan making excuses and selectively stating which games we should have lost and not including games we should won.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Each year brings a new victim...Boyle, Gilroy, Dubi, MDZ, AA, Prust, Hags, next will be Kreider or Emminger...
Gilroy has already been the victim and still probably is. All of those guys had slumps, long slumps...well not Prust or Hagelin, not sure where you're getting them two from. Eminger won't be a victim because people should not expect a lot from him to begin with. Kreider is a possibility if he doesn't score goals to make up for his weak defense.
Yeah, I think I'm being a bit too harsh on Bicks. Staal needs to improve though, he's playing like his regular season self of last year. He needs to step it up the most. He's been on the ice for 1 GF and 6 GA despite playing against 2nd line competition (leads the team).

You're not being harsh on Bickel. He has no NHL skills. Fighting doesn't count.

In Disgust

Oct 25, 2010
Don't forget that epic shutout from last season we had on the Bruins. We shouldn't be scared of them.

I never thought I'd say this, but I think we need to play to finesse and defense rather than brute force- there the Bruins are a stronger team.

I say 2-1 win, ugly goals from both teams. Let's go B Rad and Rick Nasty

*Bob Richards*

Watching the NHL network and I swear that hockey players give the worst interviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad