Post-Game Talk: #3 ⋅ UTA @ ANA ⋅ 7:00 PM PDT

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
That’s my take. He was so much worse tonight. You’d think he couldn’t lose that much confidence in a week.

The top line looked immediately dangerous after he was benched, and then they scored the game tying goal to get them into OT.

I would like to see him face lesser competition, let him build some confidence. But I think he was truly sick, and Cronin may give him another shot up there, imo.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Yes. He had a share of shit moments but for my money he was the best D on the ice and you can make the argument that he was the best overall player in the game for both sides.

Hopefully he can help turn on the power play.

The scary part is that it’s not even that the power play is unlucky or something…. It’s just flat out bad. Really no excuse for the power play to look as bad as it does

Reactions: HanSolo

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
Is the drop pass on the PP effective for other teams? If so, why do we suck so much with it? Everyone and their mother sees it coming.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Is the drop pass on the PP effective for other teams? If so, why do we suck so much with it? Everyone and their mother sees it coming.

I think when you do it every once in a while…. But Anaheim basically does it every time…. And we do it in like slow motion.

I’d like to see our skilled players be more aggressive on the power play…. Seems like they just pass it around, don’t really get the other team out of posistion and then make a shitty shot selection. Like I don’t even think we get the teams pk to shrink at all, we’re not taking any room from them liz

A lot of our guys are better when they are attacking the defense…. Let them attack more, open up shooting and passing lanes.

Also don’t think our forwards are good enough to run 4 forwards and would rather run

Fowler zellweger Mintyukov and luneau on power play, at least 3 of them

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA

I don’t think teams with good entry resort to the windup drop pass. I understand why teams that can’t enter the zone think it helps.

It is pretty hilarious to watch and easy to defend. Surprised we haven’t resorted to employing the Flying V.

John

All Mighty

Sep 20, 2014
California
allmightyhockeytalk.com
I know a lot of people here hate it because it looks bad when you fail, but it’s the most common/widespread way to enter the zone and most, if not all teams, use it to some degree.

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
I don’t think teams with good entry resort to the windup drop pass. I understand why teams that can’t enter the zone think it helps.

It is pretty hilarious to watch and easy to defend. Surprised we haven’t resorted to employing the Flying V.

John
Most teams use this, even the ones who are good at it. The ones who don't are the teams who have a one-man zone entry (McDavid, MacKinnon, etc.).

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
My take on the PP is that they are more concerned with keeping possession than in attacking the net. Possibly because the zone entries are such an issue.

ducks8

Mar 27, 2009
Riverside CA
Liked that Cronin put Mintyukov and Leo out in OT. Last season it would have been Fowler and some vet forward. Thought McGinn was good tonight, on the puck and looked fast. Special teams are a major problem, coaches need to sort things out. Zegras and McTavish made things happen.
He also had Zegras out in the final 2 min of a 1-0 game and Z scored an EN

TheStuntman

Oct 27, 2015
My take on the PP is that they are more concerned with keeping possession than in attacking the net. Possibly because the zone entries are such an issue.
They look very apprehensive of trying anything creative or risky during the power play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad