GDT: #3 ⋅ UTA @ ANA ⋅ 7:00 PM PDT

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
When you put it like this, maybe it does make sense to put him in San Diego for a spell to work on his timing and pass/shot selection. One way or another he's supposed to end up a shooter for this team, and that's ideal for a playmaker like Leo or Z...I don't see that third line being beneficial for him,
Fair, I’d like to see him with Terry though for a bit because IMO Terry is our individual best line driver at the moment. And the thing Gauthier is struggling with the most is getting the puck from the neutral zone to the offensive zone

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
Liked that Cronin put Mintyukov and Leo out in OT. Last season it would have been Fowler and some vet forward. Thought McGinn was good tonight, on the puck and looked fast. Special teams are a major problem, coaches need to sort things out. Zegras and McTavish made things happen.

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
Fair, I’d like to see him with Terry though for a bit because IMO Terry is our individual best line driver at the moment. And the thing Gauthier is struggling with the most is getting the puck from the neutral zone to the offensive zone
Cutter is a sniper on a line that has trouble getting possession. Killorn is too slow to forecheck and Leo is best carrying the puck.

Reactions: Kalv

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Why didn't Terry get credited with an assist on the OT goal?
Disappointing if he didn't.

When Tears made that beeline right in front of the goalie to pressure their dman i knew something good was gonna happen. I swear Terry takes some of the best forechecking routes of anybody in the league, all of our other forwards should be taking note.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
That Terry takeaway from 2 Hockey Clubbers would turn even Eakins into Tortorella in their locker room :laugh:

You knew it was gonna be a goal as soon as Leo got it. He'd have scored a similar goal in the first but Crouse lift his stick. All alone Leo's nasty. Looks like he has shaken some rust off

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
leo's inability to win faceoffs is concerning. he lost a number of pretty crucial draws in the defensive zone tonight

gauthier needs to be sent down before his confidence takes a hit

really nice seeing mintyukov's offense come along. so much potential there

zellwegger has really been unimpressive. he's another one who needs to be sent down and i wouldn't be surprised if he ends up as trade bait

Wheatens

Oct 20, 2023
Disappointing if he didn't.

When Tears made that beeline right in front of the goalie to pressure their dman i knew something good was gonna happen. I swear Terry takes some of the best forechecking routes of anybody in the league, all of our other forwards should be taking note.
Terry's fitness seems to be top notch currently, did not notice him slow down at all during the whole game. He was brilliant using his quickness on the forecheck and applying pressure correctly. Did really well keeping possession in the ozone - outside of 1 really bad pass. Terry's stick was also active on defensive transitions clogging up passing lanes more often than not. He played a great game for sure.

Reactions: Kalv and Mr Rogers

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
Man, reading this thread all the way through after watching the game...it was the hfboards equivalent of an M. Night Shyamalan movie that you've already seen, only with much better writing.

It was far from perfect, but I thought this was a pretty good game for the Ducks. I would take a season of this, assuming some of the young player mistakes lessen throughout the year. There were some bright spots (Leo, the Terry/Strome/Vatrano line, Mintyukov, McTavish actually looking like a hockey player) and some negatives (Gauthier, the power play, Lundestrom going down).

The biggest one is Gauthier. It will be interesting to see how Cronin and Verbeek handle him if he doesn't snap out of it. He looked completely unsure of himself out there.

Ducksforcup

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2006
Irvine, California
Love the win... think a big component of this team right now is Fabbri.

That guy is 100 percent effort. A true joy to watch and he brings it every night.

Such a key player I feel like to help show the young guys how you play in this league.

Reactions: MCB
Oct 18, 2011
I think for Anaheim to be a "competitive" team they've got to be a high scoring teams, I don't think they're going to win alot scoring 3 or less. I know that's not championship hockey but you have to get these young guys playing meaningful games so they can learn

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Given the changes I've been seeing in Terry's game approach I'd be okay with that. I just don't love McGinn on the Leo line. Like at all. He was fine but I'm still not sold on McGinn and he didn't really have enough time on the line to establish that he can handle tougher match up draws.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad