2024-25 PWHL Thread

JMCx4

Welcome to: The Dumbing Down Era of HFBoards
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
For those craving more topical summer reading content from this thread (as opposed to others) ... a series of post-FIRST-season retrospective pieces on the six PWHL members from THN contributor Cee Benwell ...

• THN-Benwell: What We've Learned About The 'Culture' Of PWHL Ottawa

• THN-Benwell: What We’ve Learned About the ‘Culture’ of PWHL Toronto

• THN-Benwell: What We've Learned About The 'Culture' Of PWHL Montreal

• THN-Benwell: What We’ve Learned About the ‘Culture’ of PWHL Boston

• THN-Benwell: What We've Learned About The 'Culture' Of PWHL New York

• THN-Benwell: What We've Learned About The 'Culture' Of PWHL Minnesota

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Feature story on Toronto's free agent forward Daryl Watts from The Hockey News ...
One-Of-A-Kind Daryl Watts Follows Her Own Path
Daryl Watts is a one-of-a-kind hockey player for not only her skills, but her pathway to get to where she is today in the PWHL.

Cee Benwell
5 hours ago (July 28, 2024)

Daryl Watts is a one-of-a-kind hockey player for more than just her skills. Her history of making unconventional decisions sets her apart. She showed that in her decision to retire early, to sign a groundbreaking contract, and to leave her PWHL team as a free agent

Daryl Watts, the newest member of PWHL Toronto, is not just a good hockey player or a talented scoring forward. She is an individual playing a team sport. That is not to say she is selfish or plays for herself or isn’t a great teammate; instead, it is simply a function of her uniqueness and independence of thought, style, and outlook on the game. ...

Read more at: https://thehockeynews.com/womens/pwhl/one-of-a-kind-daryl-watts-follows-her-own-path | THN

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
The longer PWHL Minnesota remains on radio silence, the more I believe the League is hoping last season's fanbase will forgive & forget. :nopity:🔥

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
PWHL TORONTO NAMES JIM MIDGLEY TO ASSISTANT COACHING STAFF

TORONTO (July 30, 2024)
– PWHL Toronto announced today that Jim Midgley has joined the team as an assistant coach. ...

Midgley joins PWHL Toronto after spending last season as head coach of the Halifax Mooseheads of the QMJHL, his second stint with the team. He had previously served as head coach during the 2017-18 season and, before the promotion, was an assistant coach for the Mooseheads from 2011 to 2017. Halifax won the Memorial Cup in 2013. Prior to re-joining Halifax, Midgley was a member of the New York Rangers bench staff as an assistant coach from 2021-23. ...

Midgley also spent time as a scout with the Philadelphia Flyers and served as an assistant coach with the DEL’s Iserlohn Roosters, the QMJHL’s Saint John Sea Dogs, and U Sports’ Acadia University. Internationally, he served as an assistant coach for Canada’s gold-medal-winning team at the 2021 IIHF Ice Hockey Women’s World Championship and as a video coach at the 2016 IIHF Ice Hockey Men’s U18 World Championship. ...

Read more at: PWHL TORONTO NAMES JIM MIDGLEY TO ASSISTANT COACHING STAFF

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
PWHL Camps Are Calling For These Players

PWHL camp rosters continue to round out. Here's a look at many of the players who will be heading to training camps this Fall with each of the PWHL's six teams.

Ian Kennedy
Jul 30, 2024 11:31 AM EDT

PWHL camp rosters continue to come together as the offseason hits a point when many players are exiting vacations and a time to reset their bodies, and are entering the heavy training it will take to earn or keep roster spots this season.

Most teams have completed the bulk of their rosters with only a handful of spots available in training camp. Most of those positions have unsigned draft picks pencilled in, but there will be outside free agents competing.

Here's a look at where rosters sit, and who could be competing for a spot ...

Read more at: https://thehockeynews.com/womens/pwhl/pwhl-camps-are-calling-for-these-players

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Who were you thinking

Fillier was my top pick
But I am a little biased as she's from my hometown
You win the prize, then. I have no hometown biases with this league, but I was grimacing over the thought that TIG and their colleagues who contributed to The List would be inclined to support the Dream Gapper posse & rank KCS as #1 for her "leadership" of the FIRST Walter Cup winners. But then I remembered that Kendall was a skosh older than 25. :wally:

Fillier rightfully earned the top spot based on talent & hockey accomplishments (as it should be) at her young age of 24.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
You win the prize, then. I have no hometown biases with this league, but I was grimacing over the thought that TIG and their colleagues who contributed to The List would be inclined to support the Dream Gapper posse & rank KCS as #1 for her "leadership" of the FIRST Walter Cup winners. But then I remembered that Kendall was a skosh older than 25. :wally:

Fillier rightfully earned the top spot based on talent & hockey accomplishments (as it should be) at her young age of 24.
I actually had the same thought about Spooner a bit ago :laugh:
"Well, they'll likely pick Spooner after the year she just had! Oh, wait she's 33 now..."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad