Jonathan Toews comeback not happening?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
Toews seems like the type who genuinely loves hockey and will want to play as long as he can. Not sure it’s the right call given everything he’s been through but I get it.

Coffees

blackhawk down
Nov 12, 2021
Massachusetts
Pretty rough coming back after all this time at his age.

I'd be surprised if he does. He presumably doesn't need the money after cashing in earlier in his career, and he has nothing to gain by coming back. He'd be in steep decline or washed already.
If Pavelski can do it, so can Toews

• Haha
Reactions: paragon

hotcabbagesoup

"I'm going to get what I deserve" -RutgerMcgroarty
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
But if Toews does sign with the Jets to play a third or fourth line role, man would that make the Jets stronger and Im all for it!

BraveCanadian

Jun 30, 2010
If Pavelski can do it, so can Toews

I don’t think that is how things work here in the real world.

Like if Bill Gates can become a billionaire, you can too! Sounds great but the odds are really, really, against you.

Toews having missed as much time as he has and considering the health reasons for it.. a successful comeback is very unlikely.

Last edited:

Coffees

blackhawk down
Nov 12, 2021
Massachusetts
Toews had long COVID and/or some sort of chronic fatigue issue. Don't think it is a matter of will so much as the body just isn't cooperating.
Oh my goodness I didn’t know it was like that

Yeah I hope he just takes it easy then and has a good retirement

Like if Bill Gates can become a billionaire, you can too!
Like you said, the odds are against me but thank you

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I saw him play one of his last games. Game 80 or 81 against the Wild. He scored a goal actually but it got waived off unfortunately. He looked gassed. I think his time is done.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
It was always a long-shot he’d come back.

He had already taken a ton of time off, felt good enough to come back, then almost immediately felt like crap again.

Long COVID symptoms are a bitch. Hard to be a pro athlete with lingering vascular damage.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad