Prospect Info: 25th Pick in the 2024 NHL Draft - Dean Letourneau C | St. Andrew's College 6'7" 214

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
I didn't realize it until now but he was teammates with Pelosi and Hendrickson for those two USHL games. He played against Groenewold in one of them -- so at least he'll see some familiar faces at dev camp (assuming they're all there).

I already posted before the draft that in those two games he hit the crossbar in the first game and the post in the second. So he wasn't invisible. He gave me some Wheeler vibes in those two games.

Ye
I need our centers to be at least 7'2" :sarcasm:
Yeah just like Porzingis.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I think he wanted Beaudoin but got out-GM's by Utah.
After Beaudoin pick, seems like Dean was the best choice. Worth the risk. Especially if you can find/build a 1and2C for at least 4 years.

I wouldn't say he got outgmd just because Utah had a bunch of assets.

Maybe he would have chosen Beaudoin, we have no evidence to believe this. They couldn't be more polar opposites as players. I do think Beaudoin will be a solid bottom 6 payer, most likely a winger

Reactions: pemulis

pemulis

Sponsor
Jun 15, 2008
postdocing in Sydney
I think he wanted Beaudoin but got out-GM's by Utah.
After Beaudoin pick, seems like Dean was the best choice. Worth the risk. Especially if you can find/build a 1and2C for at least 4 years.
Maybe. But Letourneau seems like such a Sweeney choice, even more so than Beaudoin (going the NCAA route, bigger, good skater, smart). The argument could also be made that they would have made the same choice if both kids were available.

Reactions: JoeIsAStud

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Imagine what he'll be when he's 25, grown another inch and 20 more pounds of muscle and natural mass, and he's figured out how to play and survive the pro game. He's got a great starting base of skills and natural attributes - it'll be interesting to watch this kid develop.

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
He pops 30 and we have a winner and I feel with all his talent and wingspan its quite possible. You all know how lucky we are with pick 25 .😉

Dude I'll fist pump if he's a 20g man with size from #25. Once we get above that it's drool worthy.

I'll be interested to see if he figures out how much quicker his path to the NHL might be if he figures out his physical game and both ends of the ice. That probably makes him 500% more likely to make the NHL.

Reactions: RiverbottomChuck

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
Maybe. But Letourneau seems like such a Sweeney choice, even more so than Beaudoin (going the NCAA route, bigger, good skater, smart). The argument could also be made that they would have made the same choice if both kids were available.
Looking at who went 23-26 I would have been okay with whoever even though Dean was what I hoped for.

Reactions: pemulis

vjcsmoke

Jun 29, 2011
Exactly 10 years ago the Bruins took a kid named David Pastrnak as the 25th overall NHL draft pick.
1719874168177.png

Good luck living up to those expectations, Dean. 🍀:popcorn:

vjcsmoke

Jun 29, 2011
Nothing like putting undo pressure on the kid! Just let him develop, be the player he wants to be, not somebody else!
Dean sounds pretty based, listening to his interviews. He's also been compared directly to Tage Thompson who is one of the best players in the NHL right now. Doesn't seem to phase him at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $50.00