GDT: #24 | Flames @ Penguins (Letang activated!)| 7:00 EST

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Letang's going to score within the first 10 minutes. The Flames are going to score with less than 5 to go. We're gonna lose in OT because we put some garbage like Simon-ZAR-Trotman out. :laugh:

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
I've been a Sully defender since I got here, and there have been more than enough opportunities to defend the guy on this forum, believe me. :laugh: But Trotman (or Ruhwedel) over Riikola is just absurdly incorrect when it comes to personnel decisions. I don't care if you want to spin it that it's a handedness thing, or a LD/RD thing. Riikola with a field hockey stick is better than those two.

Sometimes coaches have to be saved from themselves... if a coach is overplaying guys sometime the GM has to strip the options away...

Reactions: Big Friggin Dummy

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
Only four teams have fewer power play goals than the Pens.

Makes sense when Pens have not had all PP best players together in any full game this season. All pass judgement on the PP when everyone gets healthy. When you are missing Malkin, Crosby, Letang, and Hornqvist are all key PP players and all have missed almost half the games so far.

How about Galchenyuk! Last 6 games has 6 points and a +3 and never a minus in any of those games. I think he is breaking out like Kahun did. Galchenyuk actually took less time to break out because it took Kahun 11 games with only 2 assists before he has been on a point a game since but it only took 9 games for Galchenyuk. I said let's give him until the New Year but people on these boards are so reactionary. Galchenyuk has been one of his teams top 3 point producers the last 4 years and has averaged being a 20 goal 50 point guy since he has been 20 years old. This is why arm chair GM's should keep mouth zipped instead of making snap judgements after small sample sizes whether good or bad.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
How did we get McCann for Brass? Lol!
The Panthers wanted as much free space as possible to go after Bob and Panarin, so they traded quality for expiring contracts.

The sort of thing we're going to need to try and find again if/when we move Galchenyuk and Schultz. Find a team willing to give us quality that's signed for a while so they can get an expiring contract to make a run at Hall or something.

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
Marino Dumo
Lettang pets
Trottman JJ
I’m really high on Marino. Think he has the full ability to take JS’s workload when he walks in the off season. But this isn’t just Marino’s first NHL season this is his first pro season period. You don’t put guys like that on the top pair and ride them unless you literally have no one else. Let him sit back on the 2nd pair. Depending on how he or Shultz are playing shuffle them between the 2nd and 3rd pairs and let him develop. Defensemen have a notoriously long development curve. And he’s ahead of where he should be, but that doesn’t mean throw him to the wolves and lessen Letang when healthy. Let him hang back and continue to develop properly and we may have gotten a solid steal in that trade. Kid looks to have too 2-3 dman potential, don’t f*** it up by rushing him.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
The Panthers wanted as much free space as possible to go after Bob and Panarin, so they traded quality for expiring contracts.

The sort of thing we're going to need to try and find again if/when we move Galchenyuk and Schultz. Find a team willing to give us quality that's signed for a while so they can get an expiring contract to make a run at Hall or something.

Hall will cost too much for us. Get Wood and a Dman for Marino.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
It seems like Jarry's pads don't slide as much as other goalies' pads. When he pushes off it looks like he sticks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad