Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread VI

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Granlund could be really interesting, i thnik the guy can play all 3 positions, last year of contract, does kind of Geekie + Merk + 5rd pick could get him?
SJ will get a 1st for him. Also, they can't fit his contract with just Geekie going out.

KurtDangle

Jul 22, 2019
Granlunds salary would have to be retained if Bruins would trade for him. San Jose have used all their possible salary retentations so another team would have to be involved.

Reactions: PlayMakers

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Bruins need guys that are willing to go to the dirty area. Last season the top 3 guys in high danger chances were DeBrusk, Pastrnak & JVR. 2 of the 3 are no longer with the team. The Bruins line producing the most this season (the 4th line) goes to the dirty area and it pays off.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Tyler Johnson has 38 goals in his last four seasons combined. Can someone please explain how he becomes the offensive savior that we need? Thanks in advance.
Who called him a saviour? No body is saying he is Jesus himself. I think he would improve their power play. That’s about all I think he would improve. It’s a game of inches. The power play hasn’t been great.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Bruins need guys that are willing to go to the dirty area. Last season the top 3 guys in high danger chances were DeBrusk, Pastrnak & JVR. 2 of the 3 are no longer with the team. The Bruins line producing the most this season (the 4th line) goes to the dirty area and it pays off.
Brazeau is another who seems to gravitate to the crease. And his size is a plus in fending off defenders.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
People have been talking about Geekie and other bottom 6 guys not producing- they are paid accordingly though. wtf has Charlie Coyle done this year? They need way more out of him at the money he’s making

Bring up Lysell though for sure. They need speed and skill. He has speed and skill.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
No one is saying he's gonna be a savior, he just needs to be competent cause Jones, Tufte, and Geekie have very much not been that.

Geekie is an odd one for me. I watch him and I feel like he's playing awful, then you look at the numbers and they're not as bad as I'd think they'd be. With Geekie on the ice at 5v5....

Shots = 42-41 (BOS)
Goals = 0-3 (OPP)
Chances = 34-34 (TIE)
HD Chances = 14-12 (BOS)

Aside from the Goals its pretty neutral when Geekie is on the ice. If I look at just Geekie individually at 5v5.....

Shots = 13 (3rd)
xGoals = 1.67 (2nd)
Chances = 11 (4th)
HD Chances = 6 (2nd)

His individual numbers are actually towards to the top among Bruins players. I don't know if its a line combo thing or he's just been a bit unlucky. I think he could be better, but I don't know that he's been as my eyes think he's been.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Who called him a saviour? No body is saying he is Jesus himself. I think he would improve their power play. That’s about all I think he would improve. It’s a game of inches. The power play hasn’t been great.
Who do you take off the power play, for him.

Reactions: JoeIsAStud

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Geekie is an odd one for me. I watch him and I feel like he's playing awful, then you look at the numbers and they're not as bad as I'd think they'd be. With Geekie on the ice at 5v5....

Shots = 42-41 (BOS)
Goals = 0-3 (OPP)
Chances = 34-34 (TIE)
HD Chances = 14-12 (BOS)

Aside from the Goals its pretty neutral when Geekie is on the ice. If I look at just Geekie individually at 5v5.....

Shots = 13 (3rd)
xGoals = 1.67 (2nd)
Chances = 11 (4th)
HD Chances = 6 (2nd)

His individual numbers are actually towards to the top among Bruins players. I don't know if its a line combo thing or he's just been a bit unlucky. I think he could be better, but I don't know that he's been as my eyes think he's been.

Somebody always has to be the target of the fans frustration.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
People have been talking about Geekie and other bottom 6 guys not producing- they are paid accordingly though. wtf has Charlie Coyle done this year? They need way more out of him at the money he’s making

Bring up Lysell though for sure. They need speed and skill. He has speed and skill.
I am all for bringing up Lysell, get a good look at him, but he was the one who's fault it was that he got sent down there, he could have avoided it, by showing something. With that said, I say give him a good look and if it does work out, move on from him. Coyle, has played better the last couple of games and I think and hope I am right he will be better going forward. Funny how his contract is always an issue, but heard squat about it last year.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Somebody always has to be the target of the fans frustration.

True that, but Geekie has been pretty ass so far, deep-dive numbers or not. The guy scored 17 goals last season, so we should be expecting at least in and around that. He's on pace for none so far (yeah I know he'll not actually finish with zero).

Reactions: JoeIsAStud

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Thank you for pointing that out, now maybe now many will rethink their infatuation with this guy.

I see it the same way. I know Geekie is not having the best start, but he was a substantially better player than Johnson last year.

Is it possible Johnson is a marginal improvement, I guess so. Is it likely just shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic, yes very much so.

Will they be willing to cut him after 5-8 games if he isn't the solution?

Moves have consequences. Signing Johnson like means waiving someone. It means sitting an established vet and sadly I think does very little to address their problems

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I see it the same way. I know Geekie is not having the best start, but he was a substantially better player than Johnson last year.

Is it possible Johnson is a marginal improvement, I guess so. Is it likely just shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic, yes very much so.

Moves have consequences. Signing Johnson like means waiving someone. It means sitting an established vet and sadly I think does very little to address their problems
I see know gain in signing him, correct me if I am wrong, but you sign him and then cut him he still goes against the cap. I will ride with younger player, who had a good year last year. Don't deck chair shuffling for me.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I see know gain in signing him, correct me if I am wrong, but you sign him and then cut him he still goes against the cap. I will ride with younger player, who had a good year last year. Don't deck chair shuffling for me.

If they sign him to 1.05m /yr or less, and then waive him to the AHL, that cap hit gets buried and won't count.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010

They could wait for an injury as well. Id never cut Geekie to add Johnson. I’d definitely put Johnson on the pp though. Geekie might lose some pp time. He hasn’t exactly lit it up on the pp

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
McAvoy with 3/7.

Pretty normal for him, twice as many giveaways as takeaways for his career.

Carlo is usually high in blocks, often 2nd only to McAvoy. But so far this season the numbers are extremely abnormal.

No McAvoy hate here. Don't hate players on the team I root for. Unlike some posters.

Since you don't know what Coyle's salary is and think he is a pathetic lazy player, I'm not inclined to take your opinions very seriously.
Sure $750,000 makes it eisier to swollow. Oh I will take this effort for $5.2M

Good grief

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad