Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread VI

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Granlund could be really interesting, i thnik the guy can play all 3 positions, last year of contract, does kind of Geekie + Merk + 5rd pick could get him?
SJ will get a 1st for him. Also, they can't fit his contract with just Geekie going out.

KurtDangle

Jul 22, 2019
Granlunds salary would have to be retained if Bruins would trade for him. San Jose have used all their possible salary retentations so another team would have to be involved.

Reactions: PlayMakers

Ozzy Osbourne

Nov 14, 2023
Tyler Johnson has 38 goals in his last four seasons combined. Can someone please explain how he becomes the offensive savior that we need? Thanks in advance.

Reactions: bme44

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Tyler Johnson has 38 goals in his last four seasons combined. Can someone please explain how he becomes the offensive savior that we need? Thanks in advance.
Thank you for pointing that out, now maybe now many will rethink their infatuation with this guy.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Bruins need guys that are willing to go to the dirty area. Last season the top 3 guys in high danger chances were DeBrusk, Pastrnak & JVR. 2 of the 3 are no longer with the team. The Bruins line producing the most this season (the 4th line) goes to the dirty area and it pays off.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Who called him a saviour? No body is saying he is Jesus himself. I think he would improve their power play. That’s about all I think he would improve. It’s a game of inches. The power play hasn’t been great.

Reactions: sarge88

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Bruins need guys that are willing to go to the dirty area. Last season the top 3 guys in high danger chances were DeBrusk, Pastrnak & JVR. 2 of the 3 are no longer with the team. The Bruins line producing the most this season (the 4th line) goes to the dirty area and it pays off.
Brazeau is another who seems to gravitate to the crease. And his size is a plus in fending off defenders.

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
No one is saying he's gonna be a savior, he just needs to be competent cause Jones, Tufte, and Geekie have very much not been that.

Reactions: BBruins

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
People have been talking about Geekie and other bottom 6 guys not producing- they are paid accordingly though. wtf has Charlie Coyle done this year? They need way more out of him at the money he’s making

Bring up Lysell though for sure. They need speed and skill. He has speed and skill.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
No one is saying he's gonna be a savior, he just needs to be competent cause Jones, Tufte, and Geekie have very much not been that.

Geekie is an odd one for me. I watch him and I feel like he's playing awful, then you look at the numbers and they're not as bad as I'd think they'd be. With Geekie on the ice at 5v5....

Shots = 42-41 (BOS)
Goals = 0-3 (OPP)
Chances = 34-34 (TIE)
HD Chances = 14-12 (BOS)

Aside from the Goals its pretty neutral when Geekie is on the ice. If I look at just Geekie individually at 5v5.....

Shots = 13 (3rd)
xGoals = 1.67 (2nd)
Chances = 11 (4th)
HD Chances = 6 (2nd)

His individual numbers are actually towards to the top among Bruins players. I don't know if its a line combo thing or he's just been a bit unlucky. I think he could be better, but I don't know that he's been as my eyes think he's been.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad