Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Tough for Tuffte but something had to be done. Do the bruins have the room to bring up Lysell and sign Johnny?

They are at 13 forwards now. So they could not do both. Honestly I believe they want to be at 13 forwards. They need to bank some cap space, because this team will almost certainly need to make a deadline deal to pick up a second line player

So if they want to bring other people in , people need to move out .

If they want Lysell or Johnson, they should be waiving bye bye to brazeau or Jones.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
They are at 13 forwards now. So they could not do both. Honestly I believe they want to be at 13 forwards. They need to bank some cap space, because this team will almost certainly need to make a deadline deal to pick up a second line player

So if they want to bring other people in , people need to move out .

If they want Lysell or Johnson, they should be waiving bye bye to brazeau or Jones.
To get a true top 6 F is going to require trading Carlo or the #1st round pick in '25.
That top 6 guy will probably be a UFA. This years team isn't worth it.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Did Carlo get hurt?

It seemed like it. He took a pretty hard smash into the back glass and thereafter his minutes were pretty reduced. I don't know if he was fighting something or it was precautionary- the SN announcers made no reference to it.

Reactions: Kegs

BamBamCam

Apr 12, 2011
Crowsnest Pass AB
It seemed like it. He took a pretty hard smash into the back glass and thereafter his minutes were pretty reduced. I don't know if he was fighting something or it was precautionary- the SN announcers made no reference to it.
I think it was more of when he lost his skate blade. I didn't see him after that

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I think it was more of when he lost his skate blade. I didn't see him after that

You could be right. I remember him crawling off the ice. I wonder if he got hurt in that sequence? Otherwise you'd think they'd pop a new blade on and he'd be back out.

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
last night was a good, repeatable performance (nearly choking it away aside). Decisively won the 5v5 minutes, played great defense, got scoring from the big guns and from the bottom 6. If they play exactly like that going forward they'll start rattling off wins, really encouraging game imo.

Still need to find some version of that 2nd line that can work consistently. I think Monty may need to just accept that there is no version of that line that will work as a shutdown line and stop giving them like 30% ozone starts against other teams top lines. If it's me, I keep Poitras in there at 2rw and sign Johnson to play 3C. Run this:

Zacha-Lindholm-Pasta
Marchand-Coyle-Poitras
Frederic-Johnson-Brazeau
Beecher-Kastelic-Koepke

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
last night was a good, repeatable performance (nearly choking it away aside). Decisively won the 5v5 minutes, played great defense, got scoring from the big guns and from the bottom 6. If they play exactly like that going forward they'll start rattling off wins, really encouraging game imo.

Still need to find some version of that 2nd line that can work consistently. I think Monty may need to just accept that there is no version of that line that will work as a shutdown line and stop giving them like 30% ozone starts against other teams top lines. If it's me, I keep Poitras in there at 2rw and sign Johnson to play 3C. Run this:

Zacha-Lindholm-Pasta
Marchand-Coyle-Poitras
Frederic-Johnson-Brazeau
Beecher-Kastelic-Koepke
That roster looks solid especially that 4th line it's a monster.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX

Zacha-Lindholm-Pasta
Marchand-Coyle-Poitras
Frederic-Johnson-Brazeau
Beecher-Kastelic-Koepke

They probably need to do something along these lines, but Johnson at C isn't it. The guy hasn't really played C in years and I don't think he can handle the defensive load he is supposed to carry in the Bruins system (added to that his size).

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
They probably need to do something along these lines, but Johnson at C isn't it. The guy hasn't really played C in years and I don't think he can handle the defensive load he is supposed to carry in the Bruins system (added to that his size).
move Frederic to C and play Johnson at LW then.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
move Frederic to C and play Johnson at LW then.

That could work, don't know how Johnson does on his off-wing. It's worth a shot. We are agreed Geekie needs to take a seat, I think, and that will create some stuff like this is Johnson is the guy they want to roll with.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad