Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread VI

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
JDB is on a line with JT Miller and Boeser and has 4 points (all assists). I don't think he would've made much of a difference on the Bs so far.
Nuck fans want him moved up. Petterson's best game was yesterday. You should see how much they hate him. Jake started off with him and according to them drove that line.

They're very happy with him and his hits. He found his physical game again so far which is nice to see. After the Kadri hit, he never played that way again.

His speed is missed on this team. But I think him leaving was the best for him.

Lord Ahriman

Oct 21, 2009
Nuck fans want him moved up. Petterson's best game was yesterday. You should see how much they hate him. Jake started off with him and according to them drove that line.

They're very happy with him and his hits. He found his physical game again so far which is nice to see. After the Kadri hit, he never played that way again.

His speed is missed on this team. But I think him leaving was the best for him.

Disagree. They went really big, but also too slow that is killing this team, not JDB absence. Not to mention lack of skill, which was a previous problem as well.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Disagree. They went really big, but also too slow that is killing this team, not JDB absence. Not to mention lack of skill, which was a previous problem as well.

Speed and Skill is what JDB has. Bruins are lacking both at the moment. But I don't think it would of made a difference if he was on this current roster. The entire team lacks chemistry and feels off.

Watching other NHL teams vs the Bruins is like night and day.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
No speed, no identifiable system, no urgency no imagination, little to no hitting, poor chemistry/teamwork, thin leadership beyond Marchand, lack of passion, intensity void.
I expect more of the same, even with Sacco or Leach as coach because right now they aren't part of the solution, and may be part of the problem.
Defensively lost, offensively clueless.
This team needs a coach who can spell it out for them.
My gut feeling is that what they have behind the bench in any
capacity is not the answer. If the men behind the bench had a
clue, I think Montgomery would've welcomed their input.
They can keep Monty till the end of the season, possibly miss the playoffs,
trade assets at the TDL if all goes south, and come back with
a proven guy like Mike Sullivan or Torts if either becomes available, Gerard Gallant is available right now but if he can't bring in his own assistants then what's the point!?!

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
JDB is on a line with JT Miller and Boeser and has 4 points (all assists). I don't think he would've made much of a difference on the Bs so far.
I disagree , I feel JDB's skill set is being clearly missed on the PP,PK and 5on5.
I am not calling him a player that can carry a team, but his absents has left a void

Last edited:
Reactions: KillerMillerTime

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
No speed, no identifiable system, no urgency no imagination, little to no hitting, poor chemistry/teamwork, thin leadership beyond Marchand, lack of passion, intensity void.
I expect more of the same, even with Sacco or Leach as coach because right now they aren't part of the solution, and may be part of the problem.
Defensively lost, offensively clueless.
This team needs a coach who can spell it out for them.
My gut feeling is that what they have behind the bench in any
capacity is not the answer. If the men behind the bench had a
clue, I think Montgomery would've welcomed their input.
They can keep Monty till the end of the season, possibly miss the playoffs,
trade assets at the TDL if all goes south, and come back with
a proven guy like Mike Sullivan or Torts if either becomes available, Gerard Gallant is available right now but if he can't bring in his own assistants then what's the point!?!
I agree Gord, this team has no idea what to do right now, it's like a bunch of beer leaguers out for a casual skate. You can send down Jones and Tufte, sign Johnson and call up Lysell, but will that be enough? You can't trade everyone, although they will need a couple deals soon before the season starts getting away from them. The obvious choice is going to be canning Monty, he is just more one of the boys type of coach and right now that is not what this team needs. They can try Sacco I guess, but the best thing as you say hire a vet coach that will light a fire under them and hold all responsible, including your top players. Honestly right now they only guys I would be hesitant to trade would be Swayman, McAvoy, H. Lindholm and Pasta, anyone else I would trade in the right deals.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
The penalties are getting out of hand. The lack of discipline and in some cases just the flat-out stupidity has been jarring. We're not used to seeing a team this undisciplined at all.

You can say it comes with the territory of getting bigger and trying to play heavier. But a lot of it thus far has been mental error more than physical IMO.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
How can people blame the "size" they brought in? Bringing in size doesn't all of a sudden mean that Marchand, Zacha, Coyle, Frederic, Geekie and Pastrnak suddenly forget how to play hockey. Those 6 guys are combined for 8 goals and Pastrnak has 5 of them.

The new size guys up front (Kastelic) is one of the few showing up every game. The 4th line (Yes, the line that uses size and physicality) have 7 goals, 16 points and are +23

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Bruins takeaways/giveaways as a team: 41/136
That's really bad

Primary offenders:
Peeke 0/17 (embarrassing)
Pasta 3/15
H Lindholm 5/14
Carlo 1/10
Zadorov 1/9
Lohrei 2/10

Only players with more takeaways than giveaways:
Coyle 7/6
Poitras 5/4
E Lindholm 2/1 (low number indicates he doesn't get the puck much, see Pasta)

Another stat of interest: Carlo leads the team with 27 blocks. Beecher and E Lindholm are tied for 2nd with 13 each. So Carlo has twice as many blocks as anyone else. McAvoy has led the Bruins in blocks for the last seven seasons. So far he has 9 blocks in 8 games. So, what up with Charlie?

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
Bruins takeaways/giveaways as a team: 41/136
That's really bad

Primary offenders:
Peeke 0/17 (embarrassing)
Pasta 3/15
H Lindholm 5/14
Carlo 1/10
Zadorov 1/9
Lohrei 2/10

Only players with more takeaways than giveaways:
Coyle 7/6
Poitras 5/4
E Lindholm 2/1 (low number indicates he doesn't get the puck much, see Pasta)

Another stat of interest: Carlo leads the team with 27 blocks. Beecher and E Lindholm are tied for 2nd with 13 each. So Carlo has twice as many blocks as anyone else. McAvoy has led the Bruins in blocks for the last seven seasons. So far he has 9 blocks in 8 games. So, what up with Charlie?
Where is Charlie on your chart above? must be good you left him off.

Just because a d man has blocks doesn't mean anything special, How many are on the PK by accident ? because those count as well.

Carlo gets hit in the ass while he's laying down facing the goalie half the time, do they count those as blocks?

The McAvoy hate is laughable, it might be time to trade him for a franchise scoring forward that respects the game, then we can Trade Pasta for a top 4 D.

Coyle that's supposed to be a defensive forward with those low touches for 6m a season is the worse part of your post. Pathetic lazy player.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
How can people blame the "size" they brought in? Bringing in size doesn't all of a sudden mean that Marchand, Zacha, Coyle, Frederic, Geekie and Pastrnak suddenly forget how to play hockey. Those 6 guys are combined for 8 goals and Pastrnak has 5 of them.

The new size guys up front (Kastelic) is one of the few showing up every game. The 4th line (Yes, the line that uses size and physicality) have 7 goals, 16 points and are +23
Crazy right? Pretty similar to blaming
losing last year because of lack of size and not because we scored 8 goals in the final 5 games with our top guys not showing up

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Mac is disappointing but there is no way to trade for a better D man it's just not happening. He can turn it around. I just can't believe we put up with the same shit from Carlo as the other expensive RD.

McAvoy if he did get traded would overnight get motivated and become possessed and win a Norris. Think Joe Thornton the guy the sharks got never would have played at that MVP level for us.

Still can't believe that we have another season of Coyle and his 6m cap hit after the current disastrous one.
Trade protections are gone and someone will take him.

Try and find another Koepke or Kastelic for him and get the cap space. It's pathetic Sweeney is literally too big of a p***y to trade any of these guys. Even DeBrusk he didn't have the balls to move.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Where is Charlie on your chart above? must be good you left him off.

Just because a d man has blocks doesn't mean anything special, How many are on the PK by accident ? because those count as well.

Carlo gets hit in the ass while he's laying down facing the goalie half the time, do they count those as blocks?

The McAvoy hate is laughable, it might be time to trade him for a franchise scoring forward that respects the game, then we can Trade Pasta for a top 4 D.

Coyle that's supposed to be a defensive forward with those low touches for 6m a season is the worse part of your post. Pathetic lazy player.

McAvoy with 3/7.

Pretty normal for him, twice as many giveaways as takeaways for his career.

Carlo is usually high in blocks, often 2nd only to McAvoy. But so far this season the numbers are extremely abnormal.

No McAvoy hate here. Don't hate players on the team I root for. Unlike some posters.

Since you don't know what Coyle's salary is and think he is a pathetic lazy player, I'm inclined to take your opinions very seriously.

FrankerC

Jun 24, 2016
Lewiston, Maine
I have been against it for the longest time because I just do not think he has anything but screw it. We need Lysell up here to show us why they picked him in the 1st round. We also need Tyler Johnson signed. If Johnson can give us 15-20g, it is better than what is being sent out on the ice currently.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Anyone know what Jay Leach actually does? You know, the coach that was forced upon Montgomery.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad