Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread VI

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
My biggest frustration is playing unserious players - Tufte and Brazzeau. None of us know what the lines should be/will be by the end of the year but based on the first 6 games/preseason - wtf has Tufte shown you to merit anymore time.

As for Brazzers - like the finish but he's just too slow to be on this lineup. If Boston was faster throughout the lineup maybe they could hide him enough but that's not the case

Sit Zadorov - 6 games with a penalty deserves a consequence.
Swap any and everything in the top 6 - pasta needs to drive play for 11 mil
Don't even think about sending Poitras down - active stick on D and he's not the bleak spot on his line so until then 🤷‍♂️

Start there
The veterans are playing like garbage all season but you think Tufte and Brazzeau should be looking better?

Has Coyle looked any better ? at 5.5 m to boot, how about Freddy,Geekie,Pasta and don't get me started with #18.

They all look like they are following Pasta's lead. Slow Lazy hockey ZERO passion,

But sure shit on the no-name players but don't send Poitras down? Carlo is even worse than he was last season if that's even possible.

Team needs a major roster shake up not some send or waive an irrelevant player.

Also DS do not Extend any of these free agent forwards NONE

Reactions: badbrewin

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
You can not like Lysell as a prospect if you want, but this is just a deeply unserious and objectively incorrect opinion.
I think you have no other choice but to give this kid a shot, before you start moving pieces off your roster like Carlo and Zacha, and that is in my opinion not a good option but might be necessary.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
They sent him to the AHL because he is not a threat in the NHL he is not an NHL caliber player if he was any good he would have made the team he has one goal so far in the American hockey League and you magically think he's going to make a difference here he would make our team worse what is wrong with you people I don't make the decisions for the team bruins management team collectively seeing he is not good enough and sent him down kope for an example won a spot by being a good NHL player I'm sorry but lyael is not
If you use that logic then you can’t disagree with anything the Bruins do period.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
You are right Carlo, would be the guy to trade he has a good, tradeable contract but what are you going to get in return that you will be able to fit in your cap. Zacha and Carlo might have the best contracts on the team and the players most teams would like to have, I am not for trading either one of them, but they are your best chips. I know I am being harsh for many to read this, but Marchand is no longer a top six player. Lindholm and Pasta have zero chemistry, Poitras belongs in Providence, where he can work on his game and develop. I suggest before any major trades no possible line changes should be ruled out, I have also been critical of the way Lysell has handled himself, but I think it is time to bring him up and let him play second ,third line for several games, and he make fine if not move on from him. I have other thoughts but, this is enough to piss many off.
I know I will take a lot of flack over this, but if you could get something good for him, Marchand could be shopped, love the guy and what he has done for the team, but father time catches up to everyone. They also need an upgrade on Geekie or whoever is 2RW.

bruins cup

Jun 29, 2024
If you use that logic then you can’t disagree with anything the Bruins do period.
The point is he had his chance here during training camp other teams AHL lineup and couldn't get it done he has one goal so far in the American hockey League he is not ready for NHL top 6 minutes

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
Pasta is reminding me of the Ovi years where he was no longer a super young flashy guy and didn't buy into a complete team game yet and kinda just spent a few seasons floating for goals. He's a world talent so his stat totals will look okay but he needs to start adding more elite aspects to his game when he doesn't have the puck in a perfect spot. I'm confident he can be an elite complete player its just getting the right priorities in a players head or the right voice behind the bench.

dangermike

Jan 24, 2022
The veterans are playing like garbage all season but you think Tufte and Brazzeau should be looking better?

Has Coyle looked any better ? at 5.5 m to boot, how about Freddy,Geekie,Pasta and don't get me started with #18.

They all look like they are following Pasta's lead. Slow Lazy hockey ZERO passion,

But sure shit on the no-name players but don't send Poitras down? Carlo is even worse than he was last season if that's even possible.

No I'm saying they haven't been and won't be the solution so cut bait immediately. Poitras isn't just doing better than those 2, he's head and shoulders outperforming them.

Are you arguing to have a major roster shakeup while keeping the irrelevant players around?

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
I think you have no other choice but to give this kid a shot, before you start moving pieces off your roster like Carlo and Zacha, and that is in my opinion not a good option but might be necessary.
He can't be worse then Geekie and Brazeau have been in that spot, and it lets you slot the rest of the lineup correctly by keeping Fred and Geekie on the third line. Plus adds some much needed speed and skill to the middle 6.

He's played 2 full seasons in the AHL at this point, so it's not like you're rushing him. Truly don't see the downside.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
They sent him to the AHL because he is not a threat in the NHL he is not an NHL caliber player if he was any good he would have made the team he has one goal so far in the American hockey League and you magically think he's going to make a difference here he would make our team worse what is wrong with you people I don't make the decisions for the team bruins management team collectively seeing he is not good enough and sent him down kope for an example won a spot by being a good NHL player I'm sorry but lyael is not
You don’t think Lysell should be in Boston? Fair enough.

But the poster who quoted you disagreed with your notion that he’s not a threat to score even in the AHL. Which you then doubled down as “fact, not opinion”.

Very much your opinion actually. And while I agree that he’s not likely “ready” for the NHL, I do see the argument for the change of pace his skillset could provide in the middle six.

Reactions: Thomas 11

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida

Before you go trading everyone who is playing poorly ... change the system/game plan structure.

With a 23 man roster there are about 14 new players on the team in the last 24 months.

Only one player on the team is a direct disciple of claude julian's positional team defensive structure.

It's no wonder Marchand is getting frustrated with players appearing lost, out of position, and missing assignments.

Most of the team is undisciplined, wondering, and don't have or haven't yet learned on ice awareness and positioning to play a sound team defensive game.

That responsibility falls to the coaching, but if they are not emphasing defensive responsibility players will constantly be out if position both defensively and offensively.

There are many fails with the coaching that were hidden two years ago with a veteran loaded roster that have never been addressed and corrected. (Player usage, power play, defensive zone coverage, offensive zone entry, reliance on doing the same thing over and over again, lack of adaptability and in game adjustments, and the list could go on.)

These faults are being magnified because of the player personnel turnover.

The team needs structure and discipline.

I don't know if Montgomery has the fortitude, creativity, discipline, and motivational persona to instill confidence this team's player's need to maximize their talents.

This team needs to believe in their coach and believe in each other.

However, despite their current record, their on ice performance says otherwise.

The team is lacking confidence, either in the coach, each other, or both.

Remember, from upper management's perspective it's easier to change the coach than to trade a number of players.

But please no more of the same old same old ... aspects of the team's system need to change.

Reactions: 4ORRBRUIN

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015
The only solution for lack of skill is to out-work, out-hit, and out-discipline the opponent...Bruins have been sorely lacking on all fronts (save for the 4th line) and that needs to change to be successful. I'm sure Monty is voicing this very opinion but I'm not sure the players are listening right now (top 3 lines) but it's early days. I have hope, if nothing changes by Christmas then shake it up with a hockey trade that rattles the core out of complacency.

Reactions: BTO

bruins cup

Jun 29, 2024
You don’t think Lysell should be in Boston? Fair enough.

But the poster who quoted you disagreed with your notion that he’s not a threat to score even in the AHL. Which you then doubled down as “fact, not opinion”.

Very much your opinion actually. And while I agree that he’s not likely “ready” for the NHL, I do see the argument for the change of pace his skillset could provide in the middle six.
If he's not scoring in the American League you don't bring him up and put him in a top six role if anything he will turn the puck over and not get back defensively and hurt us

If he's not scoring in the American League you don't bring him up and put him in a top six role if anything he will turn the puck over and not get back defensively and hurt us
Send tuffe down sign Johnson sit brazeau to start

wintersej

Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
In my opinion, you can shuffle line combinations until you’re blue in the face and it ain’t gonna make a difference. Bottom line is that there isn’t enough goal scoring talent in that group and our forward groups have multiple holes. You can shuffle the lines, but you’re just shuffling the holes.

We had 50+ goals walk over the summer, and we added Lindholm (who’s been fine) and some 4th liners (Kastelic has been excellent). Problem is that nobody has filled the gap left by Heinen, DeBrusk, and yes, even JVR. Those were productive middle 6 guys who gave us at least SOME scoring depth.

Yeah, it’s easy to shit on those 3 guys individually as being expendable. However in total, we still haven’t plugged that depth gap. Lysell could have helped, and he had every opportunity to make this club and he still couldn’t do it. Throwing him in there now is a desperation move, but that’s where we are.

I know I keep harping on that Zadorov signing, but he was a player we didn’t need, and that money could have been better used elsewhere. That’s on Sweeney.

Its been Lindholm, Poitras and Brazeau in and DeBrusk, Heinen, JVR out.

I do think shuffling the chairs around can take care of Poitras.

But Brazeau I am not on the train for. And even if you did get JVR's production of out Brazeau, the team was already short a legit top 6 talent.

I also was skeptical of Zadorov as a signing. But, in fairness, I'm not sure if David Perron or Danton Heinen or other guys that you could afford at that cap hit would have been difference making deals either.

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
If Marchy manages 35 pts this year, he's at 964 and maybe he takes a one year deal to go for the 1000.

Means he and Coyle would expire same time, and before that you have Freddy and Geekie (RFA) as "what will they do?" kind of salaries.

The opening to make a middle 6 free agency splash will certainly be there.

Reactions: CDJ

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad