Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread VI

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
I am Geekie defender, some fans think that unless you are 40 goal scorer, you cannot contribute. I know this will be criticized but maybe both belong on the third line, Brad might be at that time in his career and maybe he could take advantage of some of the match ups.
Geekie isn't even a 20 goal scorer though. Reality is he just doesn't generate a ton of offense on his own, and he's not a very good defender. Still a valuable guy to have on your team as a depth scorer, but he can't be in your top 6 if you want to be serious about contending.

Reactions: bbfan419

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Geekie isn't even a 20 goal scorer though. Reality is he just doesn't generate a ton of offense on his own, and he's not a very good defender. Still a valuable guy to have on your team as a depth scorer, but he can't be in your top 6 if you want to be serious about contending.
Ideally, he is a third liner, but they have to find a second line RW, so you need to explore all options. I do pull for Brazeu, and maybe some of the kids down in Providence could use him as an example and put more of an effort in their game, but I must admit, I go back and forth on my opinion of him being a consistent contributor.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Saturday's lineup had four new Bruins dressed (5 if you include Korpisalo). It also had 4 legit rookies (not sure if Poitras, Beecher, Lohrei, and Brazzau technically apply still but......).

IMO lineup and roster is going to continue to see some experimentation and it will take some time for things to shake out.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Spending 2-3 million on third liners and spreading them across the 2nd-4th line just means you can't have more than 1 line that can score it seems.

D and G haven't produced the depth / dollar to make it worth it yet. You can't have that much money and cap space there for 14 goals against in 3/4 games.

After the 10 game mark maybe it'll be cleaned up but scoring will continue to be an issue this year like the last.

9 Bruins Forwards are making 2.3 or less. on the Flip side, 5/7 Bruins D make more than that.

Coyle and Marchand are underproducing.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Short Term:
Zacha--Lindholm--Pasta

March--Poitras-- Kastelic (adds size, speed and RH shot, takes face-offs)

Frederic--Coyle-- Geekie (deploy as shut-down unit)

Jones/Viel--Beecher--Koepke

Long-term:
Likely involves moving Carlo+ prospects to upgrade RW position and promote Peeke to 2nd paring RH.

*Kastelic also addressed all the D trying to take advantage of our 2 smallest players.
**with the way he's playing, I think Frederic could switch with Beecher and become our 4th line C

Reactions: capecodder

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
If we take out the MTL game...

Zacha-Lindholm-Pasta have been outshot attempted 13-29, or 30%
High danger chances are 0 for, 7 against.
No goals scored 5on5.

The second line has actually had better possession and chances, but been scored on twice.

Marchand-Coyle-Geekie have been outshot attempted 16-20, or 44%
High danger chances are 4 for, 6 against.
No goals scored 5on5. 2 goals allowed.

Reactions: capecodder

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad