Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread VI

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
I am Geekie defender, some fans think that unless you are 40 goal scorer, you cannot contribute. I know this will be criticized but maybe both belong on the third line, Brad might be at that time in his career and maybe he could take advantage of some of the match ups.
Geekie isn't even a 20 goal scorer though. Reality is he just doesn't generate a ton of offense on his own, and he's not a very good defender. Still a valuable guy to have on your team as a depth scorer, but he can't be in your top 6 if you want to be serious about contending.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Geekie isn't even a 20 goal scorer though. Reality is he just doesn't generate a ton of offense on his own, and he's not a very good defender. Still a valuable guy to have on your team as a depth scorer, but he can't be in your top 6 if you want to be serious about contending.
Ideally, he is a third liner, but they have to find a second line RW, so you need to explore all options. I do pull for Brazeu, and maybe some of the kids down in Providence could use him as an example and put more of an effort in their game, but I must admit, I go back and forth on my opinion of him being a consistent contributor.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Saturday's lineup had four new Bruins dressed (5 if you include Korpisalo). It also had 4 legit rookies (not sure if Poitras, Beecher, Lohrei, and Brazzau technically apply still but......).

IMO lineup and roster is going to continue to see some experimentation and it will take some time for things to shake out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad