Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread VI

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I'm keeping an eye on the Bruins to see if they try to pass someone through.

I would assume tufte goes down. They could be very bold and try to waive Jones as well, but I can't imagine doing that, it would give them space for johnson, but still i think it would be big mistake

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
They don't have 6 guys that could slot in to the top 6, we already have Geekie in there who is ideally a third liner and realistically is probably closer to a 4th liner then a 2nd liner.

And as high as I am on Poitras, I'm not quite sure he's ready to take on consistent top 6 matchups.

Personally I’d go…

Frederic Lindholm Pasta
Marchand Zacha Poitras
Geekie Coyle Brazeau

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
Zacha- Lindholm - Pastrnak is such a great match based on skills, strengths, and weaknesses

Why would anyone break up ?

The issue should be Poitras eventually for Coyle but this should be after Poitras has performed high level for 2-3 months

Poitras wasn’t on the second PP

I’ll start there
They're a match in every way... it just hasn't translated on the ice yet. Which is crazy because it feels like Lindholm and Zacha are both playing well. We saw more chemistry in two shifts of Marchand-Lindholm than we've seen in 3 games of Zacha-Lindholm-Pasta... Need to give it more time for sure. I like the theory that this is their pre-season. :crossfing

Poitras did get some time on the 2nd PP yesterday. He had about a minute of PP time.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Coyle had 60 point last year while playing extremely hard minutes. He earned that top 6 spot, they aren't gonna kick him out cause that line hasn't been great through 3 games.

If that line continues not producing it'll be Geekie that gets moved out for someone else anyway.
Coyle has never received the credit that he deserves since he came here. 25 goals last year and 60 points, oh well this offense is so good lets drop Coyle down in the lineup, that will solve everything.

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
Personally I’d go…

Frederic Lindholm Pasta
Marchand Zacha Poitras
Geekie Coyle Brazeau
Keep the 3rd line ... flip Marchand and Frederic.
Just not crazy about Poitras on the wing ... I guess it's okay as long as you also give him time in the middle - Zacha Poitras Frederic. See which combination works better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad