Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread VI

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023

seems like Poitras is back, really liking the look of that bottom 6 with everyone getting healthy. 2nd line is still an issue to me, but if lines 1, 3, and 4 are winning their matchups like they hopefully should then that's less of an issue.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Actually curious about 11-51-Johnson. Poitras with some vet skill could be good for him. But of course, all these combos with short leashes.

I just don't see a space for Johnson still. Not sure the point, especially if Poitras is coming back. But i guess it boils down to if they are willing to waive Max Jones to sign him.

they aren't going to carry 14 forwards, no way they can afford it in the cap. Tufte is likely only renting space in Boston, and will go down when Poitras is ready. And Koepke based on preseason and his first game looks like he belongs. Now maybe he plays his way off the team in the next week or so and thus they sign johnson.

I guess in 2 weeks Koepke may have turned into a pumpkin, and that becomes an option,

Reactions: wintersej

wintersej

Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

seems like Poitras is back, really liking the look of that bottom 6 with everyone getting healthy. 2nd line is still an issue to me, but if lines 1, 3, and 4 are winning their matchups like they hopefully should then that's less of an issue.

It’s will all be fine except against the most elite teams. Until you look at that 2nd line and think “that could be a first line on a mediocre team”, the Bruins are in the second group of contenders.

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
It’s will all be fine except against the most elite teams. Until you look at that 2nd line and think “that could be a first line on a mediocre team”, the Bruins are in the second group of contenders.
Agreed that we're in that 2nd group rn, but I think adding a top 6 winger could put us over the edge. Defense is as stacked as I can remember, bottom 6 has a lot of depth, Lindholm has been a seamless fit imo an will only get better as he gains chemistry with Pasta, we have the #1 goalie signed. Only thing holding us back from a deep run is Geekie in the top 6.

Didn't realize Tufte was 6'6

What a massive group of men this squad is
I don't think Tufte realizes this either with how he plays

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Agreed that we're in that 2nd group rn, but I think adding a top 6 winger could put us over the edge. Defense is as stacked as I can remember, bottom 6 has a lot of depth, Lindholm has been a seamless fit imo an will only get better as he gains chemistry with Pasta, we have the #1 goalie signed. Only thing holding us back from a deep run is Geekie in the top 6.

I don't think Tufte realizes this either with how he plays

And the Bruins will clearly try to add a second line wing near the trade deadline, unless somehow Geekie, Brazeau, Lysell suddenly take the leap and establish themselves as one

Reactions: dugg133

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle

I’ve liked Geekie so far in his trial there. I see that spot being fluid and I see that as an opportunity. Over the course of the year I’d like to see Frederic, Lysell, Brazeau and possibly others get a shot there as well. Play the hot hand, keep the competitive spirit alive and figure out how things click. God knows when the games matter most Monty will put them in a blender so may as well build that out during the regular season.

Reactions: PB37

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I’ve liked Geekie so far in his trial there. I see that spot being fluid and I see that as an opportunity. Over the course of the year I’d like to see Frederic, Lysell, Brazeau and possibly others get a shot there as well. Play the hot hand, keep the competitive spirit alive and figure out how things click. God knows when the games matter most Monty will put them in a blender so may as well build that out during the regular season.

Playoff Monty: " Marchy, you're the new 4th line center. Brazeau, you've got the size we like to play goalie, so you're in net tonight. Poitras, you're our new enforcer, go fight someone "

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Smart move by Monty getting Loheri back in there, he gave him something to think about, now let him go out there and execute. Lysell had his chance did not seize it, go with what you have until injury or someone not playing well, from what I hard he is pouting, that's on him.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO

Yeah that bottom 6 is a lot better with him in it. Nice to see they have two big dudes flanking him as well

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad