Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread V

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

dangermike

Jan 24, 2022
The top 9 would make a lot more sense if Poitras was a couple years older:

Zacha Poitras Pasta - high end skill with Poitras hopefully being defensively mature enough to mesh with Pasta

Marchand Lindholm Lysell - Lindholm feels like the most natural center for Marchy after Bergy retiring and both are good 2-way players since Lysell might not be to start

Freddy Coyle Geekie - this is a Stanley Cup 3rd line to me that masquerades as a 2nd line from time to time

Reactions: wintersej and PB37

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
The top 9 would make a lot more sense if Poitras was a couple years older:

Zacha Poitras Pasta - high end skill with Poitras hopefully being defensively mature enough to mesh with Pasta

Marchand Lindholm Lysell - Lindholm feels like the most natural center for Marchy after Bergy retiring and both are good 2-way players since Lysell might not be to start

Freddy Coyle Geekie - this is a Stanley Cup 3rd line to me that masquerades as a 2nd line from time to time

I like it too but as you say, Poitras isn't ready to take on 1st line matchups against the marque centers of the league.

Reactions: dangermike

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Lysell per Sweeney not exactly done opportunities

Monty wouldn’t comment - great lol

• Haha
Reactions: NeelyDan

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
Lysell per Sweeney not exactly done opportunities

Monty wouldn’t comment - great lol
Technically, Monty agreed with Sweeney's comments. And Sweeney did a good job of summarizing: We can all see the skill, but that's just a fraction of what makes an NHL player, he's got work to do to get the other parts up to par. That's not unusual for young players.

Reactions: DKH

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Saw Sammy Blais released from a PTO - I clearly had it wrong but I thought he was a highly thought of player when he was with the rags?

Not

Not by Rangers fans lol
His best seasons were with the Blues. His best contribution to St. Louis was the fact that he was part of the package used to get Pavel Buchnevich from the Rangers.

Reactions: NeelyDan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad