Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread V

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
Didnt Poitras play a few games on a line with those two last season prior to the injury?
They played a little together and actually had pretty terrible numbers as a line lol. I do think if you put those 3 together for an extended stretch and let them find chemistry that it'd work out though.

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
Monty is already slotting him in at 2RW and has expressed his thoughts on easing him back into the line-up on RW rather than giving him tougher defensive assignments that come with playing C. He will likely land at C at some point, but based on his performance and the lack of effectiveness so far from Lysell (who is also primarily a playmaker), he could fill an important need right now.

Poitras played right wing in his draft year and switched to full-time C the year after. So, I am not sure it would be a mistake to give him reps at 2RW...especially if Lysell and others do not claim the 2RW job.

As for him being a playmaker on a line with other playmakers - isn't Lysell also a playmaker?
Yeah I just don't buy the idea that Poitras is getting easier defensive assignment playing in the top 6 where he can't be sheltered and will have to play against the other team's top 6 vs him centering the third line where Monty will be able to get him easier match ups

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Brazeau didn't get a call up until late in the year and did well in the playoffs....and people want to gift him a spot

Sway was the best goalie in the playoffs.....but needs to prove it

Hmmmmm

Nobody is arguing to gift him a spot. They believe he will earn it. He certainly is not guaranteed a spot on the roster this year.

Reactions: Fenian24

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
You spelled Brazeau wrong.

Another option they may be considering...
Zacha- Lindholm- Pastrnak
Marchand - Coyle - Poitras
Jones - Frederic - Geekie
Beecher - Kastelic- Brazeau
I like the idea of Brazeau with Frederic and Geekie at center. Gives you a fourth line of Jones-Beecher-Kastelic, which could be one of the most physical, fastest lines in the league.

Reactions: zaYG

I am Bettman

May 23, 2022
Yeah I just don't buy the idea that Poitras is getting easier defensive assignment playing in the top 6 where he can't be sheltered and will have to play against the other team's top 6 vs him centering the third line where Monty will be able to get him easier match ups
Coyle line was also getting crazy d zone deployment that I don’t know if Poitras is ready for. Could be a two way beast of a line if Poitras meshes well. I feel like Coyle and Marchand have the puck way more than is optimal for a player like Poitras. Wonder if that line needs somebody who opens up more space off the puck and can finish around the net.

Reactions: PlayMakers

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Nobody is arguing to gift him a spot. They believe he will earn it. He certainly is not guaranteed a spot on the roster this year.
Brazeau's game should translate well, he is a complimentary player who goes to the net, is huge and has good hands. It's not like he's picking corners from 40 feet out, he scores around the net and normally if those types of players can score at a certain pace, as he did last year, they maintain it.

If you put him with Frederic and Geekie both are good playmakers and Frederic has a plus shot, the line should produce.

Reactions: zaYG

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Brazeau didn't get a call up until late in the year and did well in the playoffs....and people want to gift him a spot

Sway was the best goalie in the playoffs.....but needs to prove it

Hmmmmm
First off, I do not believe anyone is gifting Brazeau anything, but let me point out there is a 8-10 mil difference in the gifting.

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
Coyle line was also getting crazy d zone deployment that I don’t know if Poitras is ready for. Could be a two way beast of a line if Poitras meshes well. I feel like Coyle and Marchand have the puck way more than is optimal for a player like Poitras. Wonder if that line needs somebody who opens up more space off the puck and can finish around the net.
This was my main point, if you're looking to deploy Poitras in a way that protects him a bit as he works back into the lineup then he isn't on the 2nd line. The only guy that we have that can maybe handle the kind of deployment that line got last year is Frederic. So either you're putting him at 2RW or you're giving that line easier match ups IMO.

Brazeau's game should translate well, he is a complimentary player who goes to the net, is huge and has good hands. It's not like he's picking corners from 40 feet out, he scores around the net and normally if those types of players can score at a certain pace, as he did last year, they maintain it.

If you put him with Frederic and Geekie both are good playmakers and Frederic has a plus shot, the line should produce.
I don't think Geekie is a good playmaker, he has a great shot but I thought plays died on his stick more often then not last season. Particularly on the PP.

Reactions: PlayMakers

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
There are two places Brazeau has not been seriously considered by HFBruins over the past month - first line RW and Providence.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX

That would be one beast of a line.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.

Reactions: Fenian24

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad