Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread V

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I wonder what the league-wide book is on Zadina in that no team was willing to even give him a short-term short money contract for the season to see. Maybe he had some PTO offers and took the guaranteed payday, but I would have thought someone would have taken the chance.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
Zacha-Lindholm-Pasta
Marsh-Coyle-Lysell/Johnson
Frederic-Poitras-Geekie

What’s your 4th line look like?

Jones/Beecher/Brazeau/Kastellic/Tufte/Viel/Duran/McLaughlin/Kuntar…

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Zacha-Lindholm-Pasta
Frederic-Poitras-Geekie

So many choices. For me Max Jones should be a lock (and we hope he can stay healthy), Beecher to C- I think he's earned the first look as the C on that line, and then . . .? Brazeau as the right shot guy or Kastelic. Viel, Duran, Kuntar, McLovin to Providence to start and then mix and match as it goes. Tufte is intriguing, Maybe he pushes someone to the 13th man. And I wonder if the Bs are going to worry overmuch about rolling out 3 left shots on that line.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
So many choices. For me Max Jones should be a lock (and we hope he can stay healthy), Beecher to C- I think he's earned the first look as the C on that line, and then . . .? Brazeau as the right shot guy or Kastelic. Viel, Duran, Kuntar, McLovin to Providence to start and then mix and match as it goes. Tufte is intriguing, Maybe he pushes someone to the 13th man. And I wonder if the Bs are going to worry overmuch about rolling out 3 left shots on that line.
Beecher/Kastelic gives two plus faceoff guys on either hand on the fourth. That’s a big advantage.

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
Zacha-Lindholm-Pasta
Frederic-Poitras-Geekie

Beecher-Kastelic-Brazeau. I am not a huge Jones fan, and like 2 centers on line 4 / help w PK.

Did anybody just read about a report that Pacioretty is an option for Boston? Ridiculous if true. Guy is made of glass.
Should get Labanc and Hoffman as well for good measure. (sarcasm emoji)

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I’m told that any PTO is fine. Breeds competition.

I don't like this PTO either, but it is just one. I think if the Bruins were serious about providing competition for the RW spot, we would have seen one or two more, or someone inked to a 1 year, league minimum thing. I am inclined to go with @Gee Wally 's assessment that this might be a favor to an agent as much as anything. Truth is, if Tyler Johnson can legit beat out Lysell (or any other yute for a roster spot) then we have some shit prospects that were never going to make it anyway. I guess that's good to know.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
If one PTO is only upside no downside, then 4 PTOs is 4 x the upside with no downside.
It’s actually exponential. Its 4^4 upside with absolutely zero downside.

I don't like this PTO either, but it is just one. I think if the Bruins were serious about providing competition for the RW spot, we would have seen one or two more, or someone inked to a 1 year, league minimum thing. I am inclined to go with @Gee Wally 's assessment that this might be a favor to an agent as much as anything. Truth is, if Tyler Johnson can legit beat out Lysell (or any other yute for a roster spot) then we have some shit prospects that were never going to make it anyway. I guess that's good to know.
Or…Johnson does fine in camp considering it’s his 15th or whatever. And they keep him because the kids are waiver eligible. That’s the side of this management philosophy I don’t agree with.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Or…Johnson does fine in camp considering it’s his 15th or whatever. And they keep him because the kids are waiver eligible. That’s the side of this management philosophy I don’t agree with.

I don't care for the philosophy either, so I guess we wait and see what happens.

Reactions: Gordoff

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
  • Haha
Reactions: Mr. Make-Believe

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Did anybody just read about a report that Pacioretty is an option for Boston? Ridiculous if true. Guy is made of glass.

I wouldn’t want him because he’s among the 15 or so guys in the league that I wouldn’t want on the B’s regardless of ability.

But, I like the fact that they’re kicking tires on guys and trying to improve the team.

So which one is it?

You know you’re:

1. Going to receive a “talking to”
B. Be wrong, no matter what.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad