Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread V

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I love the new additions to this team. I think it's going to be a fun year. But here's a trade that I've been mulling over in my head. Maybe I'm dumb but wondering what you all think.
I'm a humongeous Brady Tkachuk fan and all I want is to see him in a B's uniform. The battle with Florida would be epic and I think this would definitely be a top tier cup contender.

B's send Swayman, Zacha, Frederic and 1st in 2025 to Ottawa
Sens send Brady Tkachuk and a 2nd in 2025 to Boston

First off, is that too much?? Not enough?

then here's my projected lineup. (I didn't figure out the exact cap number but off the top of my head this should work and we'd have a couple Million in cap space when completed):

Tkachuk Poitras Pasta
Marchand Lindholm Lysell
Jones Coyle Geekie
Beecher Kastelic Brazzeau
Tufte

Zadorov McAvoy
Lindholm Carlo
Lohrei Peeke
Wotherspoon

Korpisalo
Bussi

I know a lot of people aren't going to like Korpisalo as the starter, but with that team in front of him, some coaching and guidance by goalie Bob and some hard work, I think maybe that tandem would be fine.

Let me know what you all think.
pass.....

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I love the new additions to this team. I think it's going to be a fun year. But here's a trade that I've been mulling over in my head. Maybe I'm dumb but wondering what you all think.
I'm a humongeous Brady Tkachuk fan and all I want is to see him in a B's uniform. The battle with Florida would be epic and I think this would definitely be a top tier cup contender.

then here's my projected lineup. (I didn't figure out the exact cap number but off the top of my head this should work and we'd have a couple Million in cap space when completed):

Tkachuk Poitras Pasta
Marchand Lindholm Lysell
Jones Coyle Geekie
Tufte

Zadorov McAvoy
Lindholm Carlo
Lohrei Peeke
Wotherspoon

Korpisalo
Bussi

I know a lot of people aren't going to like Korpisalo as the starter, but with that team in front of him, some coaching and guidance by goalie Bob and some hard work, I think maybe that tandem would be fine.

IMG_1770.gif

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

Tkachuk Poitras Pasta
Marchand Lindholm Lysell
Jones Coyle Geekie
Tufte

Zadorov McAvoy
Lindholm Carlo
Lohrei Peeke
Wotherspoon

Korpisalo
Bussi

Ooof……no kidding. Way too much.

IMG_0763.gif

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Geekie, Freddy & DeBrusk all played for the same team, all played as middle six forward, all played lots of games, no one had an outlier season and it's their most recent season.

Seems to me that would be the best way to compare these players.

So now Debrusk is on par with two guys coming off career years but have never cracked 20 goals?

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Swayman for Brady Tkachuk seems like a no brainer

sorcerer Bob basically created Swayman a 4th round pick Donny grabbed in 2017

Corey Pronman said upside was a back up goalie

I’m in ~ Swayman obviously wants the Brinks truck backed up

Bussi next Swayman anyways

Donny give us a Tkachuk

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub

Tkachuk Poitras Pasta
Marchand Lindholm Lysell
Jones Coyle Geekie
Tufte

Zadorov McAvoy
Lindholm Carlo
Lohrei Peeke
Wotherspoon

Korpisalo
Bussi

Aw dude, I threw you a sympathy "Like" haha. WELCOME, but ummmmm small bites at first. lol:D

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018

Donny give us a Tkachuk
I would love to share your optimism, but no way Swayman gets you Tkachuk.

Reactions: Bocephus86

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

Donny give us a Tkachuk

I know you're stirring the pot here --- but if they hadn't moved Ullmark, I'd have seriously considered a hockey trade around Sway and Tkachuk.

Don't know if I were in charge that I'd be able to pull the trigger, but I remember posting in the spring that if I weren't a fan of either team --- and could look at it entirely objectively, I don't think it would be a crazy thought.

Without Ullmark here -- it can't really even be considered.

And by the way - there have much worse proposals posted here by our fellow Bruin fans ( not by me of course - that just goes without saying ) and nobody's disappeared from embarrassment yet. ;)

And to add-------- Every. Single. Year. Actual trades happen that a lot of people think are terrible for one side or the other.

Last edited:

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Haven’t been following this thread this summer,, are the Bruins really considering bringing in Wheeler on a PTO?
I’ll break it down for you:

A few weeks ago, Haggs kicked around on his podcast ideas about whether the Bruins would bring in someone like Wherler or Yamamoto as a PTO. Typical summer content. No one noticed even though it was tweeted as a teaser to listen to the pod.

A couple weeks later Shawn Hutcheon tweeted that “sources” are saying the Bruins are considering bringing those two in on a PTO. Without regard to Hutcheon’s reputation, people now have taken that tweet as gospel and are running with it as if it’s a real report.

Chaos ensues.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
I’ll break it down for you:

A few weeks ago, Haggs kicked around on his podcast ideas about whether the Bruins would bring in someone like Wherler or Yamamoto as a PTO. Typical summer content. No one noticed even though it was tweeted as a teaser to listen to the pod.

A couple weeks later Shawn Hutcheon tweeted that “sources” are saying the Bruins are considering bringing those two in on a PTO. Without regard to Hutcheon’s reputation, people now have taken that tweet as gospel and are running with it as if it’s a real report.

Chaos ensues.
Don't forget, in between was the hockey news

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
Haven’t been following this thread this summer,, are the Bruins really considering bringing in Wheeler on a PTO?
Yup either him or Yamamoto I guess

I really want no part of Wheeler

Maybe it's time for me to get over the grudge but Bergeron only has a handful of fights in his career and one was with Wheeler, especially being ex-teammates...something about that just doesn't sit well

Especially with rumors of his leadership style and butting heads with others (Laine)

I know its just a PTO but I don't even bother

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad