Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
They guy won the freakin' Vezina in 2023 for cryin' out loud. Yeah, he wasn't Vezina caliber in the playoffs, but that whole team shit the bed, not just Ullmark.

He had 1 playoff season as our #1, and a fair amount of posters were ready to write him off. Just like they did with Rask, early in his playoff tenure as our #1.

Wouldn't be shocked to see it happen to Swayman as well, after he gets his big payday and has an off playoff series. It happens to the best of them.....

Wow, Stan Bowman is the new GM of the Oil, did not see this happening.
When you're Scotty Bowman's kid, you get a pass on things that others don't. Right or wrong, that's how it goes....

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Well I guess I fell for that one. Old man syndrome. LOL

There are so many AI generated websites now for pretty much everything that it's hard now to recognize what is fake and what is real.

Even simple things like trying to research a future purchase like an appliance or automobile can generate a pile of search results that are completely AI generated and just serve as advertisements and not actually reviews or research done by an actual human being. It's scary.

DaBroons

Aug 2, 2005

Buffalo is up tomorrow, assuming they're going alphabetically.

The Bruins' response ...

Dunkin. Naw.

I still mourn for the late, lamented Warburton's, where I would have a couple of cranberry muffins at DT Crossing, b/f heading across the street for the equally late, lamented Filene's Basement.

Reactions: Gordoff

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
There are so many AI generated websites now for pretty much everything that it's hard now to recognize what is fake and what is real.

Even simple things like trying to research a future purchase like an appliance or automobile can generate a pile of search results that are completely AI generated and just serve as advertisements and not actually reviews or research done by an actual human being. It's scary.
It is indeed. The question will soon become, if it is not already, what is real, and what is not?

Your device has an off button. Use it.

Reactions: BruinDust

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
They guy won the freakin' Vezina in 2023 for cryin' out loud. Yeah, he wasn't Vezina caliber in the playoffs, but that whole team shit the bed, not just Ullmark.

He had 1 playoff season as our #1, and a fair amount of posters were ready to write him off. Just like they did with Rask, early in his playoff tenure as our #1.

Wouldn't be shocked to see it happen to Swayman as well, after he gets his big payday and has an off playoff series. It happens to the best of them.....

When you're Scotty Bowman's kid, you get a pass on things that others don't. Right or wrong, that's how it goes....

Ullmark was great here. It just didn't work out the way it should have in the playoffs. But I appreciate Ullmark and everything he brought to the team - high performance player, good teammate, great person.

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
Any fire to that Wahlstrom rumor I just saw, or was that just a reporter spitting ideas?

Looking at his stats he averages 1 goal every 6 games (roughly)

So that is 13 a year, and that's considered a goal scorer ?

bruins cup

Jun 29, 2024
This was my take all along...Could have leveraged Swayman in a deal that would have brought back a top 6 talented skilled forward.

Both goalies are awesome. Both love Boston. Ullmark contract is a good one and don't doubt he would have accepted a similar contract down the road. He chose Boston and wanted to stay in Boston.

Tough decision but I would have preferred Ullmark plus top line forward versus Swayman and no top line forward.

Don't get me wrong. I'm totally cool with Swayman. Let's hope his contract isn't anything crazy. I don't think it will be.
In fairness to Sweeney there wasn't a deep group of free agents to pick from. There's 30 plus other teams looking for the same so he did well to add what he did. As the lineup stands now healthy they can finish in top 3 in division. Need to add at deadline another scorer unless during the reg season someone surprises and is consistent.

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
Preds only have about 600k in cap space with a 20 man roster. Still need to sign Parssinen and Tomasino and likely a 7th defenseman

All signs pointing to waiving or trading Cody Glass (possibly retained or with an asset)

He's owed 2.5 for one year and then an RFA. They could probably retain it down to 2.0 and make things work on their end

Any interest?

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Preds only have about 600k in cap space with a 20 man roster. Still need to sign Parssinen and Tomasino and likely a 7th defenseman

All signs pointing to waiving or trading Cody Glass (possibly retained or with an asset)

He's owed 2.5 for one year and then an RFA. They could probably retain it down to 2.0 and make things work on their end

Any interest?

He's a legitimate bust.

Reactions: CellyHard and PB37

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Not sure how Lysell struggles though

He’s a playmaker on the wing who’s very creative and skilled

99 % of Bruins followers have not seen him and jumping on opinions

maybe he does pull the wings off of flies and not return his shopping cart to designated areas but on the ice he’s making positive shit happen

I’ll be very surprised if he fails
I need to see him handle the heavier hits from NHL players to convince me.I know skill is there though.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I need to see him handle the heavier hits from NHL players to convince me.I know skill is there though.
Exactly but the good news is the regular season is: get in, get out, say hello to your buddies after in hall way and see how opposing players/friends are doing

Guys will make big hits if presented but generally they aren’t looking but more to skate land and avoid turnovers and dumb penalties

Lysell job is to not offer himself up

Exactly why I’d I’m coach I hope he can play with Coyle & Marchand

There are not a lot of players like those two with that experience, skill, and patience and willingness to help young players

We know about Marchand but I’ve heard Coyle is fantastic teammate and person ~ he’s there for the young players

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Would you guys trade Lysell + for McGroarty?
If reports are true about McGroarty and his demands, they may want to steer clear, they have traded players like Hamilton, Seguin etc, because of attitude. If they did take a gamble on him to me Lysell is enough no need for the +, unless you are adding a McLaughlin type, but not giving up any top picks.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

Any interest?

Absolutely no interest in him at 2 Million. If he were to get waived, and you could bring him in on a PTO, maybe, but not that interesting

It's a tough call, with the information we have today, I'd say no. but then again they have more information and it might be different from the information publicly available on both people

And in all honestly haven't watched enough of either player to know who is more ready to step into a NHL lineup tomorrow and play. I know Rutger is supposed to have more of a 200 foot game. I also know Lysell is a much better skater.

Last edited:

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
If reports are true about McGroarty and his demands, they may want to steer clear, they have traded players like Hamilton, Seguin etc, because of attitude. If they did take a gamble on him to me Lysell is enough no need for the +, unless you are adding a McLaughlin type, but not giving up any top picks.

What McGroarty is doing is no different than most NCAA players now. They know if they don't sign by a certain date, they can call their shot, so right off the bat they have a certain amount of leverage in the situation.

We see it every spring with the crop of unsigned NCAA free agents. They have multiple suitors and they demand A) The team essentially "burn" a year of the contract to allow for a quicker big payday, and B) Some assurances of when they will be in the NHL, where they will slot in the line-up, role, etc. often wanting that to occur right after they sign.

McGroarty is basically acting like a free agent now, because when it reality he kind of is given the loop-hole available to him. He's just playing the game within the rules.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
What McGroarty is doing is no different than most NCAA players now. They know if they don't sign by a certain date, they can call their shot, so right off the bat they have a certain amount of leverage in the situation.

We see it every spring with the crop of unsigned NCAA free agents. They have multiple suitors and they demand A) The team essentially "burn" a year of the contract to allow for a quicker big payday, and B) Some assurances of when they will be in the NHL, where they will slot in the line-up, role, etc. often wanting that to occur right after they sign.

McGroarty is basically acting like a free agent now, because when it reality he kind of is given the loop-hole available to him. He's just playing the game within the rules.
He would have to play 2 more years to get his UFA status August of '26 IIRC. Comes down to them telling him there is no clear path to make the team and him rather playing in Michigan than riding the buses around Manitoba.

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
As someone who has been critical of Lysell I would not do this, Lysell's attitude is comparable to Terry O'Reilly's to that of McGroarty's "I want this and that guaranteed". McGoarty maybe talking himself out of the NHL before playing a game.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Poitras & Lysell if they can earn top 9 spots and perform well go a long way to keeping this team near the top

It’s a game of musical chairs and statistically you have a 50/50 chance of making the playoffs

Buffalo, NJ, Ottawa, Detroit have been adding and adding and no one has done a Sharks or Ducks complete rebuild in the East

Lysell Poiteas are very important as Marchand 36 & Coyle 32 are on back nine albeit still very good at what they do

I’m not interested in being Detroit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Tappara Tampere @ HC Dynamo Pardubice
    Tappara Tampere @ HC Dynamo Pardubice
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $105.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Armenia vs Latvia