Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread IV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Pat yourself on the back and take a bow, by all means.

I don’t think he’s looking for congratulations.

I think he’s saying it’s interesting how when players are here they get irrationally hyped up and their deficiencies are masked.

Yet when players leave those deficiencies become the main issue all of a sudden and those players aren’t viewed in the same light almost immediately once they aren’t a Bruin anymore.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
Pat yourself on the back and take a bow, by all means.
Was more poking fun at the sheep mentality is all and how when a guy leaves, he’s all of a sudden not what people said he was

I think he’s saying it’s interesting how when players are here they get irrationally hyped up and their deficiencies are masked.

Yet when players leave those deficiencies become the main issue all of a sudden and those players aren’t viewed in the same light almost immediately once they aren’t a Bruin anymore.
100%. It’s the boards calling card

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

OK

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Was more poking fun at the sheep mentality is all and how when a guy leaves, he’s all of a sudden not what people said he was

100%. It’s the boards calling card

There were more than a few posters that criticized Ullmark heavily after the 2023 playoffs. Regardless of the circumstances (injury, coaching decisions), his performance was bad and most everyone acknowledged that.

Still, he was a Vezina Trophy winner here. No one can say he wasn't.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
There were more than a few posters that criticized Ullmark heavily after the 2023 playoffs. Regardless of the circumstances (injury, coaching decisions), his performance was bad and most everyone acknowledged that.

Still, he was a Vezina Trophy winner here. No one can say he wasn't.

All I ever heard was that it was too small of a sample size for Ullmark for it to matter in any discussion.

Reactions: Gordoff

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
All I ever heard was that it was too small of a sample size for Ullmark for it to matter in any discussion.
So let's say in bizzaro opposite world he was lights out for that same stretch of games, do you think it's a big enough sample to decide Ullmark is a keeper over Sway? Because many were ready to move on from him for that same sample size...

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
I just mainly remember the excuses. He wasn’t just to the bigger workload his first year, and only last two games into his first playoffs. Then year two forget it, he was banged up, his defense stunk, Gryz cost them game 5, lines cost them game 6, etc etc. everything except his less than stellar performance.

All in all I really liked him, great signing, he just couldn’t rise to the occassion during crunch time

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
So let's say in bizzaro opposite world he was lights out for that same stretch of games, do you think it's a big enough sample to decide Ullmark is a keeper over Sway? Because many were ready to move on from him for that same sample size...

Short answer: no but not due to performance but rather age. But absolutely viewed differently

Obviously there’s a lot of different factors.

1. If Ullmark was lights out instead of bad, then the bruins probably win both those series and his sample size would be bigger as they would have advanced further in the playoffs.

2. Ullmarks age relative to swaymans would have factored into contract discussions

Reactions: Gordoff and NDiesel

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I remember getting bludgeoned here when I would say this over his time here but now since he's gone it seems to be politically correct and commonplace. Interesting.
Well Lou, the proof is in the pudding. You were obviously very right.
But, that's why IMO it's best not to dig in our (not you) heals on a subject or player. We've got to let it play out.
"Revenge (not that that's what you're going for here) is a dish best served cold."
Ullmark was a phenomenal regular season goaltender but in the playoffs, he's got a long way to go.
IMO, it's a mental mindset (for whatever reason) but 'm no psychologist.

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
Well Lou, the proof is in the pudding. You were obviously very right.
But, that's why IMO it's best not to dig in our (not you) heals on a subject or player. We've got to let it play out.
"Revenge (not that that's what you're going for here) is a dish best served cold."
Ullmark was a phenomenal regular season goaltender but in the playoffs, he's got a long way to go.
IMO, it's a mental mindset (for whatever reason) but 'm no psychologist.
I thought that was ICE cream:sarcasm:

• Haha

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Yeah, Ullmark got piled on for some of his performances on here. He had his defenders but it wasn't some board wide consensus like some are making it out to be. He had more negative commenters than positive over his last few playoff starts, especially got louder after the Ullmark/Grz gaffe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad