Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread IV

SyZyGY

Jun 13, 2021
Curious as to why not many people have Marchand on a line with Lindholm next season? Seems like a perfect match to me with the Bergeron-lite vibe and the fact Pasta had 110 points last season without a top C

Reactions: Colt.45Orr

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Curious as to why not many people have Marchand on a line with Lindholm next season? Seems like a perfect match to me with the Bergeron-lite vibe and the fact Pasta had 110 points last season without a top C
Pasta and Zacha aren't defensive
stand outs, Lindholm is very good defensively, Coyle and Marchand both very good defensively. Putting Lindholm with Pasta and Zacha makes it a good defensive line.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I wonder if he drops 10-15 pounds this summer if that would improve his quickness enough to help him stay in the lineup for the Bruins.
He probably ain’t ‘arriving on time’ like the Bruins want their bottom group - but he takes up space, has hands, hockey sense, he could run with
Freddie - Coyle - Brazeau

And do serious damage

I know people who know him and watched him in Providence every day said he battled hard in Boston.

He is one of those big dinosaurs that are vegetarians- happens

But….

He infront of the net was really really good

It was more then just standing there - he could not be moved and he would move around and easily transform from screening goalie to be in very good position for rebounds

It takes energy for D to deal with him

He’s not getting waived by me and he doesn’t have to go all T Rex or Brad Marchand-raptor (they never existed Brad on the other hand), just being in the front of net - also I don’t or didn’t study board battles but with his hockey smarts and body he should be winning his share - gotta think Kelly or Sacco is going to work with this

Brazzeau to me is both important and intriguing

Guys like that who can play down low on PP gotta be a nightmare because he’s more then a barge on skates

I would not be losing weight if I’m him

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Even if Merk and Lysell flop in camp a line up like this won’t be to shabby.

Zacha-Lindholm-Pastrnak
Marchand-Coyle-Geekie
Frederic-Poitras-Brazeau
Jones-Beecher-Kastelic
Tufte

Big strong line up. I bet Geekie can put up 25g, 50pts and Brazeau 20g, 40pts playing on those lines.
I have to see Geekie get 25 to believe it .Hard worker but man he butchers plays alot, It's like he shines his stick before games with cooking oil 😆

Reactions: Yeti34

SyZyGY

Jun 13, 2021
Marchand ( while still one of our better offensive players ) has lost a step or two the last few seasons and is better suited for 2nd line duty. In a couple of seasons he might even get bumped down to the 3rd line. :dunno:
Marchand was our best forward last playoffs.. I don't think he lost a step, he just lost his linemate of the last 15 + years. I think he'd be back to 80-90 points with a center similar to Bergy

Reactions: BBruins and Gordoff

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Marchand was our best forward last playoffs.. I don't think he lost a step, he just lost his linemate of the last 15 + years. I think he'd be back to 80-90 points with a center similar to Bergy
Just guessing here ,but I think Lindholm with play with Pastrnak early but him in bumper position on pp with do wonders for Marchand not forcing long cross seam passes looking for Pasta

Last edited:

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I really hope Lysell can show enough to be the 2 RW or Merkulov can win 2LW so Zacha can play 2C.

I really think the team would be better with Zacha at 2C and Coyle at 3C.

Top 9

Marchand Lindholm Pasta
Geekie Zacha Lysell
Frederic Coyle Brazeau

Or

Marchand Lindholm Pasta
Merkulov Zacha Geekie
Frederic Coyle Brazeau

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
I really hope Lysell can show enough to be the 2 RW or Merkulov can win 2LW so Zacha can play 2C.

I really think the team would be better with Zacha at 2C and Coyle at 3C.

Top 9

Marchand Lindholm Pasta
Geekie Zacha Lysell
Frederic Coyle Brazeau

Or

Marchand Lindholm Pasta
Merkulov Zacha Geekie
Frederic Coyle Brazeau
Unless Poitras has a truly awful camp, there's really no scenario I don't want him in the top 9.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Unless Poitras has a truly awful camp, there's really no scenario I don't want him in the top 9.

Good point…which would make it even more likely that they could use Zacha and Coyle at 2C and 3C, because he could take one of the wing spots I mentioned Lysell or Merkulov taking.

There are so many ways they can go.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad