Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread IV

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
My one wish (dream) is that Sweeney somehow figures a way to pull Necas away from the Hurricanes. Then this lineup would be absolute fire!
Yea that would really help .He is an RFA so no clue what cost would be .Main thing now is get Swayman signed and see what is left to work with so they have an idea what would need to be freed up.A trade for that kid in Winnipeg would work too.

Reactions: BTO and TCB

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
In 2 of his 3 seasons in Providence he shot 19% and 17%. He has NHL skills, doesn't quite have the mobility, but he is either top 9 or he's not playing. He's as much in the mix as Lysell or Merkulov or anyone else who hasn't quite broken in yet and I think he takes a spot.

He's good in the corners, Plays big in front of the net. He seems to have some good touch and some ability to garbage connect in the crease. I tend to think you are wasting him on the 4th line, where his speed can stand out as a liability.

Reactions: dafoomie

vjcsmoke

Jun 29, 2011
Lysell will be in the lineup this year and poitras will put up some decent numbers book it!
I was about to ask, will this be the year Lysell cracks the lineup and makes an impact in the NHL?

He's had a full two seasons to develop with the Providence Bruins. Maybe Debrusk leaving opens up a spot/playing time for him?

Signing Lindholm probably means that the Bruins can be a little bit more patient at center. Poitras might be another year away.

Jorah Marshmont

Long may he reign
May 10, 2012
Tank or Sprong for low money 1 year would be fantastic if they over played their hands in free agency and have to settle. I like whats been done, no middle of the pack signings

Reactions: Gordoff

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
Exciting day for us. Swayman still needs to sign but I'm confident they'll get it done.

Looks like Sweeney is making room for one of the kids to win a spot out of camp and he also said Frederic/Geekie have the opportunity to step up.

He wanted the blueline to be the foundation of the team, which is why Zadorov was targeted and signed.

We have an excess of 4th liners with a range of skills but they all have one common trait and that's size. Beecher and Jones can fly. Kastelic can fight and win faceoffs ( Beecher can win faceoffs as well ), Brazeau has size + hands. Veil can fight and doesn't care who goes with him ( fought Chara ). Tufte is 6'6. IMO they're all on a short leash until play dicates who has won a spot so it should be interesting compeition to watch. Veil and Tufte will most likely be AHL fodder/callups, so the 4th will probably be a varity of combinations of Jones/Beecher/Kastelic/Brazeau
I’ve wanted the defense at top standard for a long time. Most pleased to see them go to work now.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
any Forward out there for 1 to 1.5 Million? but looking to see Potrias and Lysell and Merku on this team starting in 2024

This is where I think Vrana might fit. He should come here on 1 year deal. Prove that he can get back to where he was 5 years ago. If things went well. He can enter FA market next summer and get his 4-5 year deal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad