Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread IV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
so far

I do wonder if Brazzeau might not be the guy who moves up. I don't really see him as a 4th liner

the copium striking early. Geekie is going into that spot. Brazzeau is most decidedly a 4th liner.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
the copium striking early. Geekie is going into that spot. Brazzeau is most decidedly a 4th liner.

He scored 5 goals in 19 games at the NHL . He's a big kid who has shown tough around the net. Scored 5 goals in 19 NHL games. Do i believe he is the longterm solution in the top 6? No, I really don't. Would I be surprised if he spends more time in that role next season than Lysell, no I could totally believe it

Reactions: lopey

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
I look at it this way:

Bruins paying Lindholm what Krejci basically made. Krejci got his contract 9 years ago.

Zadorov making 1.25 more than the Bruins paid Grzelcyk. Zadorov much better than Grz.

And Stolarz making 2.5 per, Broissoit making over 3..... I'd say Korpisalo is better and more proven than those two bums.

Sweeney did great! Bruins will be better than last year.

Let's goooooo!

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I look at it this way:

Bruins paying Lindholm what Krejci basically made. Krejci got his contract 9 years ago.

Zadorov making 1.25 more than the Bruins paid Grzelcyk. Zadorov much better than Grz.

And Stolarz making 2.5 per, Broissoit making over 3..... I'd say Korpisalo is better and more proven than those two bums.

Sweeney did great! Bruins will be better than last year.

Let's goooooo!

Stolarz is a very underrated goalie. Sure, he's been more of a backup over his career, but he's very solid and at times, raises his ability to be spectacular. I'd be much more comfortable with Stolarz as the backup with Goalie Bob in his ear than Korp, who's a bit of an expensive project for the Bruins to try and work on.

Reactions: bbfan419 and Bodit9

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
He scored 5 goals in 19 games at the NHL . He's a big kid who has shown tough around the net. Scored 5 goals in 19 NHL games. Do i believe he is the longterm solution in the top 6? No, I really don't. Would I be surprised if he spends more time in that role next season than Lysell, no I could totally believe it

Small sample size, unless you think he can shoot 16%. He also put up 1 in the playoffs. He's a 4th line F type.

• Haha
Reactions: SyZyGY

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Exciting day for us. Swayman still needs to sign but I'm confident they'll get it done.

Looks like Sweeney is making room for one of the kids to win a spot out of camp and he also said Frederic/Geekie have the opportunity to step up.

He wanted the blueline to be the foundation of the team, which is why Zadorov was targeted and signed.

We have an excess of 4th liners with a range of skills but they all have one common trait and that's size. Beecher and Jones can fly. Kastelic can fight and win faceoffs ( Beecher can win faceoffs as well ), Brazeau has size + hands. Veil can fight and doesn't care who goes with him ( fought Chara ). Tufte is 6'6. IMO they're all on a short leash until play dicates who has won a spot so it should be interesting compeition to watch. Veil and Tufte will most likely be AHL fodder/callups, so the 4th will probably be a varity of combinations of Jones/Beecher/Kastelic/Brazeau

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I gotta give Sweeney some credit here. Even if it doesn’t work out, he had the balls to basically change it all up at least from an attitude perspective on this team.

He’s been running the same type of team for years and finally went in pretty hard on some beef/snarl.

4th line is big, agitators on the wing, Beecher big and fast/not afraid to fight.

Zadorov was an amazing add and a legitimate tone setter physically. Bruins have been to reactionary in the past and finally feel like they’ve flipped the switch to guys who initiate physicality

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Don Sweeney Special. Giant hole in the top 6
I agree it's a gap, but I'd much rather have a hole at 2RW than 1C. You can absolutely get by with a Frederic/Geekie on the 2nd line during the regular season. Not ideal, but they scored 18 and 17 goals last season, 1 and 2 less than Jake respectively.

Far from ideal, but it's much easier and cheaper to fill down the line if it's still glaring.

dafoomie

Jul 22, 2005
Boston
Small sample size, unless you think he can shoot 16%. He also put up 1 in the playoffs. He's a 4th line F type.
In 2 of his 3 seasons in Providence he shot 19% and 17%. He has NHL skills, doesn't quite have the mobility, but he is either top 9 or he's not playing. He's as much in the mix as Lysell or Merkulov or anyone else who hasn't quite broken in yet and I think he takes a spot.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Basically a 23-man roster (13 F, 8 D) leaves them roughly 8.5 million for Swayman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad