Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
I feel like this lineup is going to be fighting the narrative of “one line team” with the current roster.

-First line-
Marchand-Coyle/Poitras-Geekie/Lysell

However it shakes out there’s going to be one or two guys punching above their weight in the top 6.

Honestly I’m fine with it going into the season. I want to see what the kids have then address later if needed.

Last edited:

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I wasn’t comparing Johnson to Danton Heinen. I was comparing him to Fabian Lysell. 17 goals against NHL players in the NHL whatever team he happens to be playing on is still 17 goals in the National Hockey League. Versus 15 goals (how many of those on the powerplay, if they don’t count?) in the American Hockey League.

34 years old and 5’8” aren’t the numbers I’m targeting either.

It’s the potential that Johnson is a more feasible option to fill a middle six role than a rookie who has yet to eclipse 20 goals in a lesser league. He’s always been a smart player and a good skater and that hasn’t changed. The argument is for a PTO for competition. If Lysell is better - all the better.
6 of Lysell's 15 were on the pp.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
He did it for Chicago. 8 of his 17 goals and 16 of his 31 points were on the powerplay - he was PP1 which is kind of hilarious. And that’s not going to happen here. Quite a misleading stat to use when evaluating him.

He’s also turning 34 in a few weeks. And he’s 5’8. He belongs nowhere near the top six of this team.

Sorry, I’m not buying this one at all.
I am in total agreement with you, there is no need to bring in a 34 year old although still maybe productive, but the Bruins do not need a bottom six player and take time away from younger players. I have finally come around to give Lysell a shot although I have my doubts at this time that he is the answer, but time to find out. Nylander is interesting to me also being just 26, but at this time I think the Bruins need a goal scorer, I know Tofoli, Tarasanko, are not available, but that is what they need to roll out there after a pasta shift. I know I will get blow back, and the cap is a issue, but I would love to take a run at Laine, the contract is for only two years, that contract they gave E. Lindholm is a lot riskier than Laine.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I feel like this lineup is going to be fighting the narrative of “one line team” with the current roster.

-First line-
Marchand-Coyle/Poitras-Geekie/Lysell

However it shakes out there’s going to be one or two guys punching above their weight in the top 6.

Honestly I’m fine with it going into the season. I want to see what the kids have then address later if needed.

Real concern on the second line to me is depending on and older Marchand to absolutely carry it

Reactions: JCRO

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
Just dawned on me the "toughness" people get nothing to complain about this coming year. What will they do?
We will hear who the fake guys are, Freddy will be called out multiple times for being a talker and being afraid to drop them.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I wasn’t comparing Johnson to Danton Heinen. I was comparing him to Fabian Lysell. 17 goals against NHL players in the NHL whatever team he happens to be playing on is still 17 goals in the National Hockey League. Versus 15 goals (how many of those on the powerplay, if they don’t count?) in the American Hockey League.

34 years old and 5’8” aren’t the numbers I’m targeting either.

It’s the potential that Johnson is a more feasible option to fill a middle six role than a rookie who has yet to eclipse 20 goals in a lesser league. He’s always been a smart player and a good skater and that hasn’t changed. The argument is for a PTO for competition. If Lysell is better - all the better.
jvrmmb.PNG

what a difference a year makes

Reactions: pearljamvs5

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Imagine using “speed and skill” as a perjorative

Funny that you'd see that as being used as a pejorative instead of a benign description of one's opinions on what traits a hockey player should have. Says more about the use of "tough and gritty" than anything else.

Reactions: Gordoff

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Those lines unfortunately reek more like 3A and 3B with no second line. Geekie is simply not a PP/top six forward. Frederic unlikely as well.

Agreed and with Marchand getting older and going into his age 36 season, he’s about to be depended on even more to produce when it should be the other way around.

Maybe Geekie makes a jump and is 2RW
Maybe brazeau makes a jump and is a 3RW
Maybe lysell makes the jump and is a2/3RW

As of right now it’s all just complete uncertainty after pastrnak on the right side.

There are a ton of questions with this winger group.

Reactions: Mad Dr Pepper

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
All this “speed and skill” vs “tough and gritty” talk.

This team needs balance. Is it wrong to want defense to have toughness on one side and puck moving ability on the other?

Or to not be left with a black hole after pastrnak on lines 2-4 RW where we’ve spent a combined > $4m on those 3 RW positions?

Reactions: BMC

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Those lines unfortunately reek more like 3A and 3B with no second line. Geekie is simply not a PP/top six forward. Frederic unlikely as well.
Again, call it what you will. Trying to round out the lines the best I can with this roster the way I see it. I think whoever rounds out the middle six needs to be able threaten 20 goals (at least in pace) and needs to be able to skate. That’s why I don’t have Brazeau in there.

I’m a massive fan of what Brazeau brought in his limited NHL time last year. But realistically, he’s neither of those things. Personally I think he’ll be much more effective in a north-south hard forechecking fourth line to help make that more of an offensive threat and keep other teams honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad